propecia shedding and question

Anon123

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post here.
Started Propecia about a month and a half ago, and I'm told that it gives the user a very good chance of keeping what they currently have at the start of treatment. My question/concern is, if you continue to lose the same ammount oyu have been prior to treatment for like 6 months into the treatment, how does this work?

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
Results vary. A lot. Just keep taking your finasteride and don't look at the mirror for a year.

Anon123

Reaction score
Got another question if anyone can awnser it, or has had a similar experience.
Its about a month and a half into propecia for me, noticing an inrease in shedding of shorter hairs. Im assuming these are terminal hairs that will grow back stronger. However, some of these shorter hairs are from the sides of my head and are dark in colour with regular weight to them (tapered ends), what does this mean? It seems as if propecia is cutting short their cycles for them looking like healthy hairs. Anyone with similar expererience?

ice2613

Reaction score
got the same thing going on man. Been taking proscar 1/4 daily for almost 3 months and still sheding. Shed hairs everywhere, neck, side burns, tops, back. i also use 2% keto cream and my head is still inflamed and itchy. I've noticed thinner and colorless hair falling out