Propecia shedding

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I started taking propecia for the past almost 2 weeks. And I am shedding alot. I feel that my hair line has receded a little too.
Is this good? Is this bad? If propecia is working, when does the new hair starts to grow after the shedding?

I dont know. Have anyone experienced shedding this soon from Propecia?

Any help/comment is appreciated.

c

Established Member
Reaction score
from what i have read/researched it is normal, so don't worry, relax and all the rest.

Just try not to even look at the hairs that may be fallin out ( in shower or whatev)..cuz it only fuks u up..

so ya don't worry

KeVlaR

Reaction score
Your hair is expressing your treatments/actions of 3 months ago. You will not know what kind of growth or not you will get until after 3-6 months of use. So stop stressing / looking in the mirror - it only makes things worse.

Believe in your finasteride - talk to your pills, caress them and swallow.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
KeVlaR said:
Your hair is expressing your treatments/actions of 3 months ago. You will not know what kind of growth or not you will get until after 3-6 months of use. So stop stressing / looking in the mirror - it only makes things worse.

I hope you are joking with the last big, talking to pills and caressing them thats just a little insane.

I have been on Rogaine for like 4 months and 1/2 and i dont see any results.. :( should i add spironolactone?

KeVlaR

Reaction score
guy83 said:
KeVlaR said:

I hope you are joking with the last big, talking to pills and caressing them thats just a little insane.

I have been on Rogaine for like 4 months and 1/2 and i dont see any results.. :( should i add spironolactone?

Well we all have are ways of coping with hair loss - insanity works for me. (I am joking yes)

If you have been on rogaine for 4mo that is most likely why you have some loss. Rogaine can cause sheds - do a search or two on the site for old topics about this.

You want the big three - rogaine 5%, nizoral 1%, and finasteride 1mg. Try this regime and stick with it for 6mo before adding anything else. Everytime you add or change something new you throw a wrench into the works and you can't judge what is actually working for you and what is just wasting your money.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Ive used Rogaine for 4 months and 1/2 and added Nizoral 1% and Propecia 1mg per day for the past 13 days.

Shall I keep going on this for the next 6 months and then determine if I want to add spironolactone?

KeVlaR

Reaction score
guy83 said:
Well Ive used Rogaine for 4 months and 1/2 and added Nizoral 1% and Propecia 1mg per day for the past 13 days.

Shall I keep going on this for the next 6 months and then determine if I want to add spironolactone?

Yes, that is what I would recommend. The only thing missing from your regime now is folligen but you only need that if your scalp condition is bad - if Rogaine use causes any inflammation or irritation for you.