propecia/side effects

monkee

Reaction score
I was wondering about the side effects that propecia can cause. I started using propecia for the first time about 10 weeks ago. After five days I began feeling somewhat odd during diffrent situations like in public places or when hearing noises, kinda dizziness. The worst was after 8 days when the feeling was present almost all the time. When these symptoms started I quit using propecia for two weeks, and the symptoms still seemed to maintain, although after a week I felt better, and after a week that I had been off propecia, started the headaches. Because the symptoms did not seem to subside in two weeks (well, at least not all of them) I started propecia again. Now after six weeks, I still get somewhat dizzy during days, and feel kinda tired almost all the time plus I have headaches from time to time. I also used rogaine for five weeks, but because I started feeling elevated pulse and some arhytmia I stopped using it a week ago. I still feel little elevated pulse during days and stronger heartbeats, is this normal rogaine side-effect and how quickly should rogaine induced side-effects subside? What about propecia? Anyone had the same experiences?

Reaction score
I had similiar experiences. Its not that you are dizzy, you are probably shorter on breathe since it sounds like it raised your blood pressure. I had the same thing- couldnt do the rogaine and the propecia just too many weird side effects.

monkee

Reaction score
dizziness

Yeah, but the dizziness was present with propecia only..can propecia cause change in blood pressure? No information about that...

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
I felt the same too. After about 5 days on finasteride, i felt dizzy and a bit wierd for about 3 days, also a definite decrease in libido......BUT i decided to ride it out and i am now almost at the 2 month mark and all the sides went away. I assume your body has to adjust to the new treatment.

monkee

Reaction score
adjustment

Ok, so I can assume it is this stuff that is causing my symptoms. But how soon this adjustment happens, because been on for six weeks and I still have these feelings, some days are better, some worse. Should I give it up already or is there hope that it will go away?