Propecia: Thinking of starting

Bionic

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been reading a bit and would very much appreciate your responses.

My situation: I'm 29, receding a little on the temples and there are slight signs that it could go inward and upward.

I'm thinking of starting on propecia as I'd be totally happy to keep what I've got now. And I'd think of cutting the tabs into 0.5mg to save money and to cut down on side effects.

My understanding is that the side effects apply to only a tiny minority. Is this true?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers.

viperfish

Reaction score
Side effects right around 2% and usually mild. Cutting down to .5 mg is not necessarily going to cut down on the side effects, although it will cut down on the cost. If your going to start cutting the pills you might as well shift to Proscar (5 mg of finasteride) and cut each proscar pill into fifths or sixths. This will cut down on cost (propbably around 18-20 dollars/month).

Bionic

Reaction score
Thanks. I wouldnt be happy using multiple products I just couldnt be bothered. but one pill i could handle.

Also i just met a new girlie so I'm worried if its bad timing to start.

viperfish said:
Side effects right around 2% and usually mild. Cutting down to .5 mg is not necessarily going to cut down on the side effects, although it will cut down on the cost. If your going to start cutting the pills you might as well shift to Proscar (5 mg of finasteride) and cut each proscar pill into fifths or sixths. This will cut down on cost (propbably around 18-20 dollars/month).

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
been on propecia for two months....until the last two weeks i had pretty bad side effects when it comes to getting "in the mood" and keeping an erection...the sides stopped completely after 6 weeks and now im as horny as ever....i just take the sides to mean that its workin and hey, it stopped so looking back at it, it really wasn't bad at all

misterium

Reaction score
I'm 26 and have thinning crown/vertex.

I've been on Propecia for about 2 months now.

Zero side effects.

I think I may actually be in a rare percentile who has positive side effects as I'm hornier than ever and I can actually shoot more of a load.

Dunno if it's all in my mind or what.

I also take L-Arginine... good to counteract sexual sides from what I've read, but I don't think I need it.. but I like to take it anyway.

Get on Propecia now, earlier the better .. THEN you can gauge for yourself if you get sides or not.