Propecia Users PLEASE Weigh-in - When will it end.....

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
For those who have had success with finasteride they often make claims like "shedding has completely stopped", "hair feels much stronger", "nothing comes out when I run my fingers thru my hair".

Well I am in month 6 and my hair is hopeless. I still lose AT LEAST the same number of hairs I lost prior to finasteride. I lose 20-30 hairs in the shower, about 30-40 when styling, about 10-15 when applying topicals and probably 40-50 throughout the day that I *notice*. I know there may be dozens of hair that I don't notice.

So my question: are there any Propecia/finasteride users whose shedding DIDN'T go down significantly and who STILL at least maintained or improved.

Please share your experiences.

Viper

G

Same for me, the same shedding all the time and my hair has gone ridiculously thin WHILE I've been ON finasteride. At some point I thought it might be a bit better or at least the same than it was couple of months prior, but I think it was just an illusion or something. At this rate I'll be slick in a year. I'll be 25 and a half then. Bummer.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Same for me, the same shedding all the time and my hair has gone ridiculously thin WHILE I've been ON finasteride. At some point I thought it might be a bit better or at least the same than it was couple of months prior, but I think it was just an illusion or something. At this rate I'll be slick in a year. I'll be 25 and a half then. Bummer.

slick in a year...cmon man i saw your pics in the other thread...the only way youll be slick in a year is if you bic your head..

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for almost a year and a half and I still shed from time to time. I can honestly tell you that the first year is pure hell and things get better after that. (I'm sure you didn't want to hear this but this is my experience)

G

Nathaniel said:
I've been on finasteride for almost a year and a half and I still shed from time to time. I can honestly tell you that the first year is pure hell and things get better after that. (I'm sure you didn't want to hear this but this is my experience)

I really hope this is the case for me aswell. The year mark just recently passed.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:

I myself especially like the second part of the sentense.

I hope things will pick up for me as well

GL to everyone!