Proscar and Propecia

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
All,
I have been on proscar for a month and a half now and every day i think my hair gets worse.Ive read plenty of posts saying you should wait at least a year for any results, but should i change to propecia to ensure that my treatment works.

Can anyone say they have had results cutting a proscar tablet and taking 1mg a day??

Wwhy doesnt finasteride stop hair loss the minute you start, why does it take so long??

Cheers

G

Keving, you are panicking. I had great results up until month 7-8 but now I think it's slowly turning good due to a shed. But that could have been a seasonal one though You are on one of the most potent treatments in the world to help stop and maintain your hairloss.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Well with hairloss it seems things always get worse before they get better, thats just the way the treatments work. You shouldn't really give up after a month and a half, like everyone says stick with it for at least a year. As for changing from proscar to propecia, it won't really make any difference will it as they both contain the same ingrediants just in differing ammounts.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey man, i know i've been there thinking things are worse. but everytime i go back home (usually after three weeks or so) my parents have been saying it looks thicker for sure, and they are very straight forward honest people, especially my dad who is definitely not a bullshitter. i think its just may day to day looking at it made me lose site of how it looked a month ago. cause i'll have it down, and it looks okay, and i'll be like wait a minute, before i started treatment i couldn't even wear it down cause it looked funny. so i guess what i'm saying is, you may think its getting worse, when actually its the same, or maybe even better. for example, if you were on a treatment you set expectations (even if they say wait three months before you see anything) you expect something fantastic, so when that doesn't happen, you panic and are so sure its getting worse cause it didn't live up to your expectations. a lot of people don't buy into the mental perception thing but i really think its legit. lucky for you you took pictures so you have a more objective way to compare. keep trucking man. just as an incentive, my roommates brother is on propecia for a year and said it worked awesome for him. you're taking a good product, just relax and ride it out man.