Proscar and shedding and itchy

memyselfi

Reaction score
Hi Guys Im new to board and need your advice Ive been on Proscar 1.25mg for 2 months roughly and in the last week Ive noticed Im a bit more itch up top and shedding alot more than usual Ive gone through the posts a bit and found that this could be a normal reaction of proscar , I have been using Nirzrol shampoo 2 times a day as well and have noticed my hair which is normally oily has become very dry , so have cut this back to 3 times per week as I have very fine hair receeding hairline and now shedding Im like in panic mode now and thinking of throwing it all in

please help or advise what I can do the itch is making everything proberbly worse than it is , but you know how I feel

thanks for all your advise.

foo2

Reaction score
Nizoral shampoo twice a day was too much, and will have dried your hair out, now that you're using it 3 times a week you should notice an improvement.

at other times i like to use a gentle shampoo with aloe in it.

don't throw it all in, i'm nearly 2 months into finasteride too, and remember it can be up to 12months on finasteride before you really see the benefit. at our stage it's common to shed some hairs, this is nothing to panic about.

memyselfi

Reaction score
foo2

Thanks for that foo yes will take your advice I think I realy done some damage with the nizoral anyway I hope the itchy stops that would at least put me at ease , its just before I started the proscar I had no real shedding no itchyness etc and now heaps blows my mind !!!appreciate your advise thanks

Deaner

Reaction score
What kinda damage can be done by overusing Nizoral?

Reaction score
I'm just like you. I've been on Proscar 1.25 for 2 months now and but I only use Nizoral 3 to 4 times a week. My head is real itchy :pensativo:
I just bought folligen spray (it hasn't arrived yet) but it's really supposed to help your scalp. Atleast thats what all the hype says.

Peace

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Even after all that, you are still overusing Nizoral! Stop using it. Get some extra rich conditioner and leave-in treatment, wait for your scalp to get better, and then you can resume using Nizoral at no more than the recommended dose, i.e. twice a week.

avri

memyselfi

Reaction score
appreciate it

Thanks for the advice guys will stop Nizrol for now till my hair gets some life back and use shampoo and conditioner , I hope all the hype on shedding is right and I do start to get regrowth , were all in the same boat are we not LOL , thank God theres other people going through the same as me as My wife feels like Im over doing it all and shouldnt worry about such a little problem !!!!!!! yeah right great coming from someone with more hair than a Bear ,
thanks guys great getting the facts