Proscar before dutasteride?

G

Hello. I actually have in my possession 90 capsules of dutasteride, but realized maybe I should try Proscar before dutasteride. I've been on brand-name Propecia for a year now (in about 5 days it'll be a year) and have had little results. Should I try Proscar before jumping into dutasteride? I haven't read enough encouraging things about dutasteride to be terribly amped about it, and it seems to cause big sheds in everyone who uses it. Thanks for any input you might have.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
proscar is the same thing as propecia, so i would stick with the dutasteride and give it a shot since you tried the full-out year on propecia.

G

I've heard that some people have different reactions to the different drugs. Haven't started dutasteride yet, and I'm kind of loathe to.

G

I will be receiving mine in a few days (dutasteride).

I will also be doing the same - swaying between decisions.

I've read some bad things about dutasteride. Scary.

G

Let me know what you decide to do. I'm tempted to just stay on propecia, I don't know if I have the guts to do dutasteride. And I don't know if dutasteride is even worth doing. Of the three people I've read about so far who've had great results, one of them had his face turn to swiss cheese because of it.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:

If its liquid dutasteride add it to minoxidil. dutasteride is nothing to be scared of.

drinkrum

Reaction score
thin=depressed said:
Gunner said:

If its liquid dutasteride add it to minoxidil. dutasteride is nothing to be scared of.

Dutasteride is something to be scared of. Almost completely inhibiting the hormone DHT from your body may have large consequences in the future. Ultimately, it's a judgement call -- whether you would rather have hair today and risk your health tomorrow. But any way you slice it, dutasteride. is not something to be taken lightly.

D.

Why me?

Reaction score
I just recently made the switch from Propecia to dutasteride...... My input on it was WHAT DO I HAVE TO LOSE? I was on Propecia for 3 yrs and was still thinning.

Hey yo if you guys want to try to maintain your hair and Propecia didnt work why not make the switch?

G

What other options are there, in terms of taking a dht-reducing pill? Minoxidil doesn't reduce dht, and I don't feel comfortable just using revivogen, not with all the mixed reviews of it (I've been on it for less than 5 months).

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The options for reducing DHT are finasteride and dutasteride taken orally, or Revivogen, Proxiphen or MGF+ topicals. The second two also contain minoxidil. There is some research that shows that minoxidil, copper peptides and fatty acids (found in Revivogen) used together might have a synergistic effect. However, the maker of Revivogen says that his product should not be used at the same time as other topicals.