Proscar Dosage?

Redbone

Reaction score
For people that have experiemented with higher dosages of proscar I have a question.

Since it is very difficult for me to get even pieces when I try and split the proscar into 5th's for 1mg I was wondering if I could split it in 4ths at 1.25mg and still take it every day?

I have not had any adverse effects on Proscar with the exception of watery seamen and believe I could tolerate the 1.25mg a day well. Has anyone tried higher doses and what was the result? I know Bombscience or Axion was dabbling in this a while back?

When trying to split in 5th's I am getting pieces ranging from .5mg to 2mg I am sure it all evens out in the end but I would rather have a better more consistent dosage. 4th's is very easy to split-

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure alot of people just split the proscar 5 mg into 4 equal pieces (1.25 mg) because it is too hard to cut it into 5 equal 1 mg pieces so if you do that you should be fine.. im thinking about getting proscar intstead of Propecia. and thats what im going to do .. take 1.25

Getting there

Reaction score
I've always been on a quarter (1.25 for 10 months). No side effects. In fact my doctor told me that he could also presribe 2.5 (half) for those wanting faster results. I don't know about side effects for that though. The doctor is employed by Ashley and Martin to write prescriptions.