Proscar Pain

ManUFan

Reaction score
Hey, being 26 and a Norwood 3 I guess, I decided to take Proscar. After taking it for two months, I notice my testicles started to hurt, its been 3 days like that, the first night was pretty painful. I'm serious about my hairloss and want to do something about it. I really don't want to quit using Proscar, but if the pain continues there is no way I'm staying on it. I was thinking of taking it every other day to see if that works, but if it doesn't, I wanted to know what alternatives are out there to help combat male pattern baldness? I was thinking of taking Saw Palmetto but found out it can have side effects also. Revivogen??? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

G

ManUFan said:
Hey, being 26 and a Norwood 3 I guess, I decided to take Proscar. After taking it for two months, I notice my testicles started to hurt, its been 3 days like that, the first night was pretty painful. I'm serious about my hairloss and want to do something about it. I really don't want to quit using Proscar, but if the pain continues there is no way I'm staying on it. I was thinking of taking it every other day to see if that works, but if it doesn't, I wanted to know what alternatives are out there to help combat male pattern baldness? I was thinking of taking Saw Palmetto but found out it can have side effects also. Revivogen??? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

This is a side effect that a few of us here have had, I had a little nutacheâ„¢ for a few weeks after starting proscar.

A lot of the side effects from finasteride can be temporary as your body adjusts to the hormonal changes.

How much Proscar are you using, 1 fifth of a tablet everyday?

If you still are getting the side effects in a month or two, you could try a lower dose of finasteride (Proscar). Doses as low as 0.2mg have been shown in studies to be almost as effective as the recommended 1mg dose for male pattern baldness.

There is a lot of doubt as to if Saw Palmetto has any effect on hairloss.

Good Luck

(which now you have Rooney you may not need)

ManUFan

Reaction score
I've been taking 1/4 a day. I've decided to take 1/5 starting tonight. In terms of 0.2mg, how do you do that?

And yeah, the addition of Rooney will definitely increase Man U chances of winning the Champions League. Hat-trick first game. What a start!

Thanks for your input.

G

ManUFan said:
I've been taking 1/4 a day. I've decided to take 1/5 starting tonight. In terms of 0.2mg, how do you do that?

well then! 0.2mg would mean chopping your Proscar tablet into 25 bits :freaked2:

I suppose you would have to take 0.5mg every other day or something like that, but that's still chopping it into 10 bits, which depending on your dexterity you may just be able to do as they don't have to be highly acurate doses.

Ty

(I'll give Torquay United 15 more years to reach the premiership and no more)

viperfish

Reaction score
I had terrible nut pain on finasteride (1mg) that made me quit. Actually my doctor pulled me off it..............really sucks sh*t!!!!

ManUFan

Reaction score
How long did you have those symptoms before you went to see your doctor? Did you every try lowering the dosage before quitting? After you quit Proscar, how long did it take before your symptoms went away?