Proscar plus Nizoral 2% help!

UnLoopy

Reaction score
I just started using Nizoral 2% a week and a bit ago, I used it twice a day for about 3 days, and during that period I was feeling really good. I don't know if I was imagining it or what, but I thought that my hair loss had totally stopped from the free fall I was getting in the weeks just before. Now I'm down to using the Nizoral 2% once a day and stuff is bad. The loss rate is up again (although not as bad as it was before) and I don't have the same buildup on my scalp that I was able to blame before.

What should I do? I'm going to go to my doctor in the next few days to get a Proscar prescription (or should i go for generic????) but I'm wondering if its too late.

My hair (in the past month or so) shows the scalp in bright light, never had it before, and definitely never with hair this short (with longer hair OK, but my hair is short... avg length 1").

Where should I get Proscar when I have a prescription? To Canada, and what's a good price (seeing as I'm basically broke as well).

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
You're definitely using nizoral too much dude! Just use it once every 3 days.

It's certainly not too late to start proscar. Might as well use the name brand too- remember the placebo results during the propecia trials? They were nothing to scoff at. The mind is a powerful tool for good and bad... might as well have certainty on your side.

As a diffuse thinner, you have a better chance of halting hair loss than someone who is receding. If you're worried about sheds, invest in a concealer. Many people's hair gets worse before it gets better, but a little bit of couvre or toppik in the morning will make it all go away, and you have an excellent chance of only needing them temporarily, if at all!

Good Luck