Proscar user

G

did anyone Else on Proscar get worse before they got better i have been on it for 4 months and my hair as gone to sh*t I am developing bald spots all over the front and back. I am thinking of dropping it and starting minoxidil just want to know if anyone eles has gone through this.

G

Some people react in different ways. To really see if you see any improvement you need to keep with it for at least a year. You may be making a mistake if you drop it now. It could be working for you hence your hair getting worse before it get's better!

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For some people Proscar or Propecia there hair will get worst at first like minoxidil does. Most of the time your body is just shedding all the bad hair out and newer and thicker hair should grow in. Sometime it's 1 months and other can take up to 6 months to see your hair gets better. Thats why you should use it up to one year if you don't see any result than stop using it.

Good luck.

oni

Reaction score
I am still shedding. I was taking it for 3mths and my girlfriend said it was looking better then I went to Barbados for 2 weeks and I started to shed sh*t loads :freaked2:.

I have been doing so for 6 weeks now but I am on 0.5mg dutasteride and 1.25mg finasteride with no side effects. I am so glad I do not have them.

My girlfriend told me the other day she can see lots of black dots on my scalp. It's ever she is playing a bad joke on me with a marker pen or those dots are new hairs growing.

So please hang in there.

G

minoxidil

Do you think I should add minoxidil to try and recover some of the hair i have lost. the back of my head is not looking to good and the front is not far behind.