Proscar

G

I have now been on Proscar for 4 months to the day and i am entering my 3rd major shed. last night i was brushing my hair so i could put follgin on and 98 hairs fell out into the sink this is after a shower and shampoo, pulse on my pillow this morning.

So here is my question is it possible that because i am using proscar and cutting the pill the dose i am getting is wrong and cause these massive sheds so often, or is this normal for people on month for of Proscar.

2 if i am taking Proscar and i don't need to it can it cause harm to my hair i started taking it to be proactive and so far it has done more harm then good so i was wondering about that was well.

I am thinking of dropping it which is why i ask??

Much thanx
James

Deaner

Reaction score
Such exact numbers... 98. Scares me that you people count that exactly :S Speaking of sheds though, I thought I'd avoided one, but I'm losing upwards of 100 while playing wiht my hair wet :( Sheds suck suck suck...

Don't drop your regimen, you'll prolly just get worse! Stick it out bud

G

Nope

Actual i don't count hairs but because because of the amount that fell out at one time i did.

That why the question

Deaner

Reaction score
Many people here are cutting, and it seems like the general concensus is that as long as you're getting at LEAST .2-.25mg of finasteride daily, you're more or less in the clear. So these "irregular doses" most likely aren't contributing to your shed.

As to your second question, considering finasteride partially eliminates a major factor in hairloss, I doubt taking it proactively has lead to the demise of your hair. I'm not 100% certain on this, but perhaps it's coincidence that when you started finasteride your hair decided to take a huge dive. Maybe you're on your finasteride upswing now, and will improve in the next few months?

I can't tell for sure though, maybe somebody with more experience can answer more satisfactory.

junior_senior

Reaction score
I was asking my family doctor about this:
I asked if taking 1.25 mg of finasteride as opposed to 1.00 mg a day would have any impact on my health, or the efficacy of the drug.

He told me that the amount difference is so small so probably not, and that they'd probably have the same effect on your body.

...but then again, I can't really speak to this, as I'm not even on finasteride....