Provillus?? Big 3???

G

Hey fellas. I'm 25 and losing my mind due to losing my hair. Has anyone ever heard of Provillus? and does it work? Its getting great reviews. And whats this i Hear about Big 3? thanks.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Save your money on Provillus, it is overprices Saw Palmetto. While there is some benefit to Saw Palmetto you can buy the standardized extract from Walmart or most grocery stores and save alot of money. The reviews you are reading on that product are created mostly by the company that is selling it.

Now the Big 3 are.

Minoxidil 5% (Rogaine) used twice per day.
Finasteride (Propecia) 1mg pill per day
Nizoral Shampoo 1% or 2% used 3 times per week.

Welcome to HairLossTalk.com!

G

One of the reviews is on this independent consumers website.
Non the less, thank you for the advice.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
You are welcome. Do not get me wrong. I use Saw Palmetto and think it has some benefit. I just will not pay Provillus's hyped up price for it. I get 95% standardized extract 320 mgs soft gels for $8.99 for a bottle of 60.

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Many sources of Saw Palmetto are available, I think PropeciaJunkie has one of the cheapest :bravo: (damn being in the UK without a Walmart!!)

As I said elsewhere, more is not necessarily better, you can also get Saw Palmetto with other ingredients that might also be helpful to you, I've been doing a lot of looking around, and have to say Provillus is very well advertised, but has much less postive feedback than some others.

Big 3 are the way forward, especially Minoxidil (few side effects, not often felt). The FDA has approved it and Finasteride, and nothing else, for a reason, they really do work, so whilst experimenting with Saw Palmetto is great (I'm thinking of trying it as well) use it alongside a traditional treatment to be safe!

I also use a concealer whilst my Minoxidil treatment is working (its a slow progress job!) Dermmatch and Toppik are 2 of the biggest, personally I'd reccomend Dermmatch & Nanogen used together, works really well!

devilsrule2004

Reaction score
ive herd good things about provillus, i just started it a coupl weeks ago.. Im just hoping for the best now
sbiggrin.gif

G

you know i was doing some reading about saw palmetto and there are lots of side effects involving treatment.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Save you money and just buy Saw Palmetto, same thing but a whole lot cheaper. Provillus is to expensive and does not do anything Saw P. would not.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried both Provillus and Saw Palmetto for over a year with zero gains
I have now been on finasteride for 8 mnths and have had good results in the crown area

Save your money and try finasteride

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I use finasteride as well. I agree, there is nothing better than that, I added Saw P. to my minoxidil as a topical.