Provillus = Scam

masterbilt84

Reaction score
Although there is a recent topic on this, I wanted to bring some attention to it and share my experience with it. Though I only had taken the tablets for about 1 month (into a 6 month supply), I did enough research (which I should have done before) on the ingredients and realised what a big mistake I made. So I have a few things to say about it.

Firstly it is with regards to the ingredients. Provillus offers nothing special in terms of ingredients and many are common in other vitamins. What is alarming however, is the level of saw palmetto in the product.

A daily intake of Saw Palmetto from Provillus is 1000mg (the website ingredient label is out of date, my bottle said 1000mg). What is interesting is that it doesn't say anywhere whether this it is an extract or not? Nor does it say whether it is standardised to contain fatty acids, or how much fatty acids you may obtain from it.

In addition, another important ingredient is Nettle Root. Provillus contains Nettle, but only in leaf form, which appears, from research, to be less effective. In addition, it is included in a 'proprietary blend' of 30mg, involving other herbs. In my opinion, nettle appears to be a very important supplement and should have a much higher dosage, closer to the level of saw palmetto.

Secondly, the returns policy is a joke, it requires a $10 re-stacking/shelving fee for each bottle returned. So, if you do not fall for their scam, and send the stuff back, they'll stick make money from you and send it off to some other poor bugger.

Thirdly, their marketing policy is clearly scandolous and works a lot of false testimony, "independent review websites" raving about provillus and false blogs. Furthermore, they only have one picture on their website showing the results, which if you ask me, looks completely fake given the old colouring of the man's crown in the picture. Something is not right.

So in general - it is a rip-off, it is full of cheap ingredients, it has no substantial evidence suggesting its effectiveness and it is a complete scam. I am glad to have not bothered continuing with it, because even if effective, it would have come at such at a cost much greater than what it was worth.

I have simply swithced to a prostate health supplement which contains Saw Palmetto (3.2g, which 288mg standardised fatty acids) and Nettle Root (240mg). This cost as little as around $14 USD a month, and also take a hair supplement (containing Biotin, Magnesium, Zinc, etc) for another 14$ USD. I am sure this combination is much better and more affordable than what is offered by Provillus.

devilsrule2004

Reaction score
Im just starting this, ive actually heard good things about provillus.. im gonna hope for the best
sbiggrin.gif

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Provillus is basically overpriced Saw Palmetto. I use Saw Palmetto myself but buy it at Walmart and alot of money and still get standardized extract as well.