Prp Stopped Tingling/itching On Scalp?

ned flanders

Reaction score
I had PRP done about a month ago. I have read skepticism but said why not. I have been taking finasteride, nizoral for years but I always seemed to have that tingling/itching feeling in places I was losing my hair. After I got the PRP done, I feel that tingling/itching a lot less now. Has anyone else had experience with PRP ? I am thinking about having it done again. It does make me wonder how drawing blood from your arm, injecting it in your scalp a few minutes later would help, but I'm willing to try anything. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It helped lower my itch as well for the first week now my itch is higher but still better than what it was. I did PRP+Acell last month.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had PRP done about a month ago. I have read skepticism but said why not. I have been taking finasteride, nizoral for years but I always seemed to have that tingling/itching feeling in places I was losing my hair. After I got the PRP done, I feel that tingling/itching a lot less now. Has anyone else had experience with PRP ? I am thinking about having it done again. It does make me wonder how drawing blood from your arm, injecting it in your scalp a few minutes later would help, but I'm willing to try anything. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I know one of the things they say makes someone a better responder is if they have inflammation.

I have no idea if its true or not or why it would be.

But that was what my Dr told me that he saw better results in people who had inflammation.

I have not had it done--I keep it in back of my mind but waiting to hear more aobut Follica when it will be released as I have had so far pretty good response form medication.

I don't think its all hype as some do though.

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ACell is a wound healing substance that increases active adult stem cells and restores cells in tissue. Some of these cells may be responsible to healthy hair growth but it is not clinically proven. There are multiple success pictures and stories with ACell. It is also supposed to prolong the results of PRP.

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how is your growth/shedding?
Shedding was way higher after treatment, now it is low. For example, after I get out of shower there is no hair in the drain but when anyone else in my family takes a shower the drain is clogged with hair. And they are not losing their hair only I am lol. No growth yet.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have PRP done a week ago. I'm a classical Androgenetic Alopecia norwood 2 + difuse male pattern baldness + Telogen Effluvium + retrograde Androgenetic Alopecia.
I was weaning off dutasteride and guess what? itchiness started to increase at a fast pace, which was sadly expected.
to me, itchiness = microinflammation = hair agonizing, screaming in pain until it's totally dead.
8 days after PRP I've noticed that itchiness has much pretty much DISAPPEARED only in injected areas.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have PRP done a week ago. I'm a classical Androgenetic Alopecia norwood 2 + difuse male pattern baldness + Telogen Effluvium + retrograde Androgenetic Alopecia.
I was weaning off dutasteride and guess what? itchiness started to increase at a fast pace, which was sadly expected.
to me, itchiness = microinflammation = hair agonizing, screaming in pain until it's totally dead.
8 days after PRP I've noticed that itchiness has much pretty much DISAPPEARED only in injected areas.
I guess prp increases blood flow in the scalp and that's why it helps in reducing itch or inflammation or promotes hair growth..
Btw I am also a nw1.5 with diffuse unpatterned alopecia+retrogade..So please keep updated how your hair regrows or not on your back sides and nape areas...Please I will be very grateful

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess prp increases blood flow in the scalp and that's why it helps in reducing itch or inflammation or promotes hair growth..
Btw I am also a nw1.5 with diffuse unpatterned alopecia+retrogade..So please keep updated how your hair regrows or not on your back sides and nape areas...Please I will be very grateful

MD refused to inject in nape areas ("I have only isolated 3mL of PRP so I must choose temples, vertex and hairline").
I was disappointed by this, and I will choose another clinic for next session and arrange for this zone to be treated as well.
I also noticed that they skipped the CaCl2 activation step. Some authors prefer for the tisular environment to be the responsible of platelets' release of regenerative factors instead of chemically induce it. I disagree.
trichoscopy revealed that nape has aprox 15% miniaturization, so it's classified as mild Androgenetic Alopecia and "low priority".
My schedule is 6 monthly sessions from dec 13th - may 13th.

Last edited:

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
update 25 Dec
nearly two weeks after 1st PRP session and despite dutasteride tapering to every other day
itchiness has subsided from all injected areas. it's fantastic.
5 days ago I started LLLT (iRestore) but it's too soon for it to be related.
looking forward to keep attacking this horrifying disease with 5 more PRP sessions.

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just had a hair transplant recently and the tingling/itching behind the transplant on my natural hair started again severly.

Used this corticosteroidotion that asmed provided called dermovate and the itch disappeared immediately. Check it out.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
update 08 Jan
yesterday was my 2nd PRP session and today I noticed complete elimination of itching.
this sensation of feeling "nothing" in my scalp reminded me of my prepubescent years, when this status was the norm everyday.
countless times I've seen balding men scratching their heads, including my norwood 5, 87-year old father, so I think is very related.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
update 08 Jan
yesterday was my 2nd PRP session and today I noticed complete elimination of itching.
this sensation of feeling "nothing" in my scalp reminded me of my prepubescent years, when this status was the norm everyday.
countless times I've seen balding men scratching their heads, including my norwood 5, 87-year old father, so I think is very related.

Did you have straight prp done or with a cell or something. I had three pro treatments and it made my itch worse and I shed SO much hair that I totally ruined my summer. I have the male pattern baldness itch and have for 7 years now. I was and am still on dutasteride when I had prp so idk. Curious that it stopped your itching.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have straight prp done or with a cell or something. I had three pro treatments and it made my itch worse and I shed SO much hair that I totally ruined my summer. I have the male pattern baldness itch and have for 7 years now. I was and am still on dutasteride when I had prp so idk. Curious that it stopped your itching.

straight PRP without acell. I have had the male pattern baldness itch for more than 20 years so it's easy to recognize it.
I don't see how PRP could increase itch and shedding, it's probably more like it's not strong enough to stop the injury from DHT.
Even dutasteride does not reach more than 55% DHT inhibition in the scalp, suggesting that accesory therapies are mandatory.
I think that's the reason my itch persisted (to a lesser lever) despite dutasteride.
Thus, I think dutasteride, ketoconazole, LLLT, cetirizine and now PRP have contributed to diminish the itch.
But this is the first time I have experienced complete absence of itch.
I suggest you to use all the complimentary therapies that you can.
In a few days I'm going to start with Sandalore, now the 7th most viewed thread of all time at HairLossTalk.com. Maybe you're interested in that.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
straight PRP without acell. I have had the male pattern baldness itch for more than 20 years so it's easy to recognize it.
I don't see how PRP could increase itch and shedding, it's probably more like it's not strong enough to stop the injury from DHT.
Even dutasteride does not reach more than 55% DHT inhibition in the scalp, suggesting that accesory therapies are mandatory.
I think that's the reason my itch persisted (to a lesser lever) despite dutasteride.
Thus, I think dutasteride, ketoconazole, LLLT, cetirizine and now PRP have contributed to diminish the itch.
In a few days I'm going to start with Sandalore, now the 7th most viewed thread of all time at HairLossTalk.com. Maybe you're interested in that.
@NotInmywatch
Since you're already taking VItamin D, you could try taking k2 and magnsesium oil as well.
Decalcification of the Aortic Valve by Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone-7)

Baldness may be inflammation of the scalp, then calcification. Since you are already increasing blood flow and taking Vit D, why not try this little regime being studies to reverse calcification of the blood vessels?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NotInmywatch
Since you're already taking VItamin D, you could try taking k2 and magnsesium oil as well.
Decalcification of the Aortic Valve by Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone-7)

Baldness may be inflammation of the scalp, then calcification. Since you are already increasing blood flow and taking Vit D, why not try this little regime being studies to reverse calcification of the blood vessels?
Hey thanks for the communication.
Are you on sandalore?
Since I'm continuing with the duta tapering (trying every 60hours now) I was afraid of an itch/shed massive attack.
I'm heading for my 3rd PRP session and a little scared of becoming duta dependant for life. It's so comical that with every new duta tapering scheme erections semen volume and libido improve a little more in a very very linear fashion.
Sandalore seems to be working very well. 0 itch, 0 shed right now. I'm gonna consider k2, it seems to be getting traction.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

When I shed hair, it itches.. injecting prp into my scalp must have caused Telogen Effluvium this itching. I’ve had Telogen Effluvium before and the pain and itching with it was un-f****** real. But yeah, I’ve been on anything you can name lol. The only thing that sort of helped was spironolactone at 200mg because it started effecting my sebum glands, but I developed urticaria hives at day 22 and was forced to quit. It’s in the hormonal thread.

Where did you get prp done?