Psoralea seeds

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Although I could find no 'cited' studies, I am intrigued to find several sites (although it seems they all copied the same article), which claimed that Psoralea seeds and UV light caused drastic re-growth in men with Androgenic Alopecia.
This has been used in Chinese medicine as a hair loss cure referring to 'kidney yang' (male 'essence' or energy from the kidney). The 'claimed' study is as follows;

chinese herbs for hair

Kidney energy is thought to decline with age but people suffering from hair loss might have very weak kidney energy. Chinese hair loss remedies are thought to balance the hormones, build blood and direct nourishing blood to the scalp. The Chinese have been using this remedies for thousands of years.

A common Chinese remedy is psoralea seeds. Sufferers are advised to eat between three and nine grams of these seeds per day. A study examining psoralea effects in balding men found that within six months of taking psoralea seeds and using ultraviolet light, thirty six percent of the men had all their hair back. Another thirty percent showed significant improvement.

Sounds nice, though i'd like to hear from people who have tried this, or know more in regards to Psoralea seeds.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
A common Chinese remedy is psoralea seeds. Sufferers are advised to eat between three and nine grams of these seeds per day. A study examining psoralea effects in balding men found that within six months of taking psoralea seeds and using ultraviolet light, thirty six percent of the men had all their hair back. Another thirty percent showed significant improvement.

Quite the claim, if anyone can find an 'official' report on this, please post

G

I've never heard of these seeds. Why not try this idea out and give us monthly updates?