Pubs's Story - (25 / loosing hair but hopeful)

pubudug

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm 25 and from Australia and have been loosing hair for the past 3 years. As with many of the other members here, loosing hair at at such a young age, especially when one is single and looking around is one the biggest confidence killers of all.
I first attributed it to work stress, since I only started loosing hair as soon as I started work after university. It happened so suddenly. I was in denial but almost everyone I met kept asking about my hair!
I had a typical knee jerk reaction and ran into the closest hair loss clinic in my city. They gave the full works ( minoxidil, special shampoos, conditioners, saw palmetto, laser treatment and proscar) and my hair loss came to a near halt. I was once again confident.
Unfortunately, the hair loss program I was in ran out and it came the time where I had to fork out another suitcase full of cash ( I could have bought a decent car for that amount of $$!!) so I decided to stop it and used up everything I had left.
Everything was fine for about a year until.. it started all over again. Back to square one!

This time, I got a bit smarter and started reading through forums etc until I came across this site. I have to say, this is the most complete site in terms of educating people facts about male pattern baldness. Thanks a million to guys who run this site and the forum!

Looking back, I somehow thought doing the necessary research would be too hard for this sort of thing, thus the trip to the clinic!.. I regret not reading up about it.. but I'm smarter second time around.

My male pattern baldness condition is close to 5A, Although the top and temple area is still has a fair bit of hair. People cannot notice it too much but every time I run my fingers though my hair, I get a fair bit of hair in my hand.

I have started using Minoxidil 5% after reading another forum about 5 months ago. I have actually gained results - new hairs have started coming, but they still keep falling out. Suddenly I am finding all these small hairs falling out! Obviously I haven't addressed the DHT part of the problem

After reading this forum, I have bought myself a bottle of Nizoral 1%, a Revivogen conditioner, a bottle of saw palmetto tablets and propecia tablets.

This is my regime:
Minoxidil - twice a day topically
Nizoral - I use it as a shampoo on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Let it soak for 5 minutes or so. I don't wet my hair on other days ( if I do, I don't use shampoo or anything)
Revivogen conditioner - I use it after Nizoral
Saw Palmetto - one a day
propecia - once a day

Can anyone see anything I am doing wrong?

Should I be washing my hair with some sort of shampoo every day ( I was thinking of getting the whole revivogen pack or a Nioxin shampoo, no 2?)

The propecia tablets are big $$. When I used Proscar but into quarters, I didnt have any side effects so I should go that route instead to save some $$.

Any comments/ suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance guys

Cheers

Pubs