pushing 40 and hoping to nip in the bud

Corvuxu

Reaction score
Hi all,
Really happy to have found this resource. I am 38.75 years old, and just realized I will be rather bald by 40 if I don’t do something right now. I noticed my male pattern baldness thinning about 3 months ago, and wasted 1 month asking people (who lied), and then another month on untested herbals. I have been on Revivogen and Nizoral for 1 month now, as well as a few supplements like Biotin, l-Carnitine, BCAAs, Saw Palmetto and Omegas. I am a fairly healthy person, though admittedly I have fallen off my exercise regimen for the past 7 or 8 months after some personal/family issues kinda derailed me. I recognize I should (and will) get back to running and other pursuits. I am at the stage where I am seriously considering Minoxidil, and in fact did purchase the 2% a month ago, but delayed the start as I kept hearing about the shed. I am not smooth bald (see profile pic – I will post more when I get my friend to take some non-phone selfie pics), and I was a little hesitant to risk a big shed as I start a program in September. I know that it is only delaying the inevitable however. I am also hear to learn a little from people about 2% vs 5%. Liquid vs foam isn’t (I don’t think) as large a concern for me because I keep my hair very short anyhow.
I am also interested to know (once I have better pics) what I am on the Norwood. I forgot to ask my GP when I saw him about Finasteride vs Minoxidil (he suggested minoxidil first – if either). I think I may be a 5a as I am receding and thinning at vertex, with the threat of the “island†having started (I only need to look at my brother who is 10 years my senior to remember how this unfolds. J )
Thanks all – I wish everyone the best of luck.
Corv

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Norwood 5a? LOL, good one.

Any hair loss treatment that works will cause some kind of a shed. Just something that you will have to deal with. If you are thinning and want to do something about it we have two things that work: Finasteride and minoxidil.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride and minoxidil, don't waste your time with any supplemnts/natural treatments