pw81's story - (Born in 1981, pics)

pw81

Reaction score
I started losing my hair at 18 (1999) years old around.
I took finasteride for almost 3 years, from 22 (2003) years old to 25 (2006) years old.
This is a pic when i was 23 (2004).

These are when i was 24 (2005)after 1 year with finasteride

Then at 25 (2006) years old my dermatologist suggest me to replace finasteride with saw palmetto because my situation was good, and he thought that i would have begin again with finasteride when it would get worse.
So i started with saw palmetto, and this was my situation after 14 month of SP

These are pics after 18 (2007) month of saw palmetto. At that time i was really stressed, but i don't think this is the only reason why i got worse.

Then at 26 (october 2007) years old i began again with finasteride.
After 4 months (jan 2008)

In these pics i have some pomade on my hair

After 5 motnhs finasteride has stopped the hair fall, but my hair frontal line has slightly moved back and the vertex is still in bad conditions.

Should i start with minoxidil or any topicals?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: Born in 1981

noty a good idea to drop finasteride and replace it with saw palmetto so stay on finasteride!

you should add rogaine 5% foam and nizoral 2% shampoo,these plus finasteride make up the 'big three' ,the product combination most people use with success :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you have a smart Doctor!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

pw81 said:
Should i start with minoxidil 2% or minoxidil 5%?

preferably rogaine foam 5% :)

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't agree with these replies man. I don't think you need to add any topicals at all. Your hair looks good and it clearly improved with the finasteride, it works well for you. You definately don't need anything else right now.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

chino20 said:
I don't agree with these replies man. I don't think you need to add any topicals at all. Your hair looks good and it clearly improved with the finasteride, it works well for you. You definately don't need anything else right now.

:agree:

pw81

Reaction score

I don't think you need to add any topicals at all. Your hair looks good and it clearly improved with the finasteride, it works well for you. You definately don't need anything else right now.

That's what every doctor told me, but i think i need minoxidil. It looks like my situation is good only because i originally had a lot of hair, but now my vertex, even if it seems covered, has very few hair and my left frontal too..
You can see the seriousness of my situation in the picture where my hair are wet or with pomade..

I would start with minoxidil 2% but i'm not sure it's enough...
Can anybody give me an advice?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

just take finasteride and use minoxidil thats it.

pw81

Reaction score

My situation is getting worse. I passed through a difficult time (i started using antideprressants) and i think this the reason of my worsening.
I've been takin finasteride for 1 years and using minoxidil 5% on temples 3-4 times a week.
This is my situation.

Should i use minoxidil on my vertex too? I think it won't be easy to put minoxidil on the vertex skin...
What about taking vitamins or omega 3?

Obsidian

Reaction score

Your hair looks good there.