Pyro16's Story - ( need treatment advice)

pyro16

Reaction score
Hello all, i have a receading hairline, but since last year when i was caught in a slight explosion at work, the front has slightly thinned out, since then i cut my own hair instead of hairdressers, so not sure if its dont it because of the fire, me cutting it or it would of thinned out anyway.

i can cover it up by having a messy hair style, but want to make it easier for me so i dont have to do it.

my main aims are:

1. maintain my hair as it is now.

2. thicken my hair.

3. any regrowth will be a bonous.

my question is which treatments will do what i aim for?

ive read for the past week in the shedding section, which has made me worry, some people have had bad sheds, some people not had any, so what i plan to do is slowly introduce treatments, instead of goin for the BIG 3 straight away. first of all i want to maintain, then after a few months then try and thicken it up with something else, then try and regrow some of it. any advice?

thanks.

evolutionary

Reaction score
Re: time to actually do something

Well if you have any doubt about where the thinning is coming from, I'd see a doctor first and see what they recommend. But if everything looks normal, most people start out on at least 1 of the big 3, but usually 2. Nizoral should be on your list no matter what, as most on here use it without any sort of side effects. Your choices are then either minoxidil or finasteride. People on here generally say finasteride is for maintenance, though some get regrowth as well, whereas most say minoxidil is for regrowth, but be mindful that any hair regrown by either is dependent on its continued use. Nevertheless, whether you get hit with the side effects associated with finasteride is almost impossible to predict, as it hits everyone differently. Same goes for whether you'll experience a shed or not as far as I know. FYI there are probably hundreds if not thousands of posts on your exact question, so I'd do a search for more info.

pyro16

Reaction score

thanks for the reply, to be honest the thinning isnt that bad, i just have to style my hair the same way everyday, ive searched for the topics, read sucess stories and shedding threads, most people do go for the big 3, but some have shedding, like i say, i want to slowly introduce them one at a time.

ive also ordered the toppik stuff, just to help a little, i wouldnt need it to much, but just in the right light the thinning may show.

also propecia is a big name i keep seeing, what exactly does this do and should i use it?

thanks

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score

Pyro seems like you may be in denial ( we all have been there). The fact you have to comb it the same exact way to "cover it up" lets you know you need treatment. Toppik is amazing and I'm sure you will be happy with it, but it does NOTHING for hair loss. If you are worried about shedding or just want to maintain propecia is your best choice. You will stop your loss and gain some back! Rogaine will regrow hair also but does NOT stop hairloss so the combo is the best. If you are truly worried about shedding and such start out with propecia.. after a year add rogaine if you want more results. Make sure you use very little of the Toppik if not used properly it CAN be detected and especially in harsh lighting. I say nip it in the bud from your description Propecia will halt your loss and maybe thicken things up.

Best of luck,
Rich

pyro16

Reaction score

ok propecia is the first step, thanks for advice and i will keep you posted.

pyro16

Reaction score

ok, done some research, ive read its better to get proscar and divide the pill by 5, as this would save costs, and its the same as propecia. would inhouse pharmacy be a good place to order from?

thanks

pyro16

Reaction score

ok ive ordered proscar, and will be cutting it into 5. so should be getting it about 2 weeks. did some research on inhouse and seems legit. will keep you all posted.

thanks

pyro16

Reaction score

quick update, got some toppik, which isnt for me, as my hair hasnt thinned that much to bring this in. also got some dermmatch, and i am very impressed, i hardly use any and it seems to make a big difference.

i have a receading hairline, which i can cover up with the way i style my hair, but i had an accident last year, which involved fire, and since then my hair at the front was slightly thinner, and never really went back to normal, but dermmatch sorted that.

if your unsure about this product, i would say go for it. nobody has noticed i have it on.

pyro16

Reaction score

i ordered from inhouse pharmacy, and the package was delivered today, but i had a notice through my door sayin royal mail have not delivered due to £15.36 is needed to be paid because of customs charge, i thought i already paid £18 when i ordered off the site for this? can someone advise me on this, thanks.

DHThero

Reaction score
Hello my fellow balding man!

Sound like you need to start up on some finasteride (propecia) right away. Earlier the better. You can see my story as I update my whole progression. Its in my signature for the link to the site. Good luck! Also get on some nizoral shampoo (bought at walmart for 15 bucks). I wouldnt jump into rogaine for about a year to see how the propecia and nizoral hold out. Youll hear stories about how people wish they waited but also know that propecia is a long term plan that will not permanetly fix the situation. You need to continue propecia until your ready to go bald! haha :youbet: Also, a good multivitamin with some biotin (found at any grocery store) may also be a good booster!!

pyro16

Reaction score
ive started on finersteride, and cut it in 5 pieces, ive noticed im not as horny as i used to be, i usually take the pill in the morning, so would it be better to take it last thing at night, so im ready to go the next day, if you know what i mean.

thanks