Question about DHT blocker

Screamin J

Reaction score
I just bought a 100% natural DHT blocker today. It comes in tablet form and consists of zinc, selenium, phytosterol complex, saw palmetto extract, pumpkin extract, quercetin, he shou wu powdered extract, kudzu extract, isoflavones and tomato powder. It says it's for advanced hairloss/excessive thinning. I'm a little skeptical on using it because I'm not even positive I'm experiencing any hairloss yet. I'm concerned that I might be thinning but I haven't been to a dermatologist yet to confirm this.

My question is; can a product such as this cause shedding? Would it be wise to visit the derm before I start using a supplement like this?

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
Screamin J said:
It says it's for advanced hairloss/excessive thinning

Screamin J said:
I'm concerned that I might be thinning but I haven't been to a dermatologist yet to confirm this.

i love how people answer their own questions!

go see a derm!

if you really want to be diagnosed by the qualified people on this forum then post some pics!

Screamin J

Reaction score
while you have a valid point, my question is about the dht blocker. can all natural products cause shedding, or is that just a side effect of drugs like propecia and rogaine?

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
Anything that stimulates hair growth or messes with hormonal balance can theoretically cause shedding

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
See a derm or post some pics so the more knowledgable members can provide some feedback. That concoction sounds like it may be good for your prostate, but hair....not that likely imho but hey who knows? A topical DHT blocker would probably make more sense at your stage if you don't want to start popping pills, and I wouldn't at your stage.