Question about hair transplant

Bolhed

Reaction score
I dont know answer to this and I cant seem to find it...

Lets say my hair is fallin out and I cant stop it. If I do the hair transplant, will the transplanted hairs be prone to falling out ever again?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in most cases the transplanted hairs won't fall out, the transplanted hairs/follicles come from an area on your scalp which is DHT resistant, DHT kills the the non resistant follicles and this is why you go bald.

I hope this makes sense.

G

Have you been seen by any doctor and started any hairloss meds?

Bolhed

Reaction score
I havent. I shed like usual and my top is getting very thin. I hate it.

I would like to get on finasteride...but then again I have aversions towards oral drugs...

minoxidil was a thought...until I learned about shedding period...

Dermmatch looked like a hell of a concealer...

but seems like hair transplant is only thing worth money.

Because gettin on drugs will make me eligible to take em for as long I need to have hair. Which is easily forever. So buyin finasteride fot lets hope 50 years from now seems....nuts.

Side effects of taking finasteride for even 1 year scares me...50? Geez...

So hair transplant is the route I wish to go....if I decide it...

hair transplant + dermmatch = great success

s.a.f

Reaction score
You still need to get on finasteride hair transplant will only replace the hair that you've lost so far but what about the hair your destined to lose in the future? You have to do all you can to keep that or its a bad idea going down the transplant route..

Bolhed

Reaction score
So when is it "safe" to go via hair transplant route?

How can I know that it's 100% shure my hair will stop fallin out?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Bolhed said:
So when is it "safe" to go via hair transplant route?

How can I know that it's 100% shure my hair will stop fallin out?

Its never 100% safe. But you need to be on meds for at least 12 months to see if they work for you. If you gain hair or even maintain you're possibly a good candidate for a hair transplant but if you're still losing hair at alarming rate even on meds then you're not a good candidate.

G

Great advice guys.

Bolhed,

See a dcotor first to be sure you get a formal diagnosis for male pattern baldness. Don't just buy the finasteride online. Do more research on it too. You cannot assume that you will have side-effects because most men do not.