Question about results on propecia

mikey21

Reaction score
I'm 21 years old and I have been taking propecia for close to 7 months. When I began treatment my hairloss was not visibly noticeable at all, not even to myself, I had just noticed quite a bit of hair falling out in the shower. Since I began taking propecia, just under 7 months ago, my hair has been steadily falling out, sometimes I think i'm losing it more slowly, but i'm not too sure and it is now noticeable, probably mostly to me. I no longer gel my hair though because i like to leave it down so it covers better. My question is this: I feel that I caught my hairloss fairly early and have been hoping that i will see my hairloss stop and God-willing some regrowth soon. Has anyone seen results from propecia after 7 months, thus far my hair has only continued to worsen, hopefully it'll pick up though, thanks guys.

Mikey
p.s. I have diffuse loss all over the top of my head, currently the front of my head seems to be the biggest concern, you can see a lot of my scalp when my hair is not matted down.

dave d

Reaction score
Can't help you there sorry. I'm at about the 4 month mark and still a bit thin on top. I guess I'm going through a bit of a shed at the moment.

ShockWave

Reaction score
All I can say is get pics and propecia works differently for EVERYONE. Asking other people what they are experiencing isn't going to help your situation at all but give you flase hopes. Did you ever think that you may be a good canidate for a hair transplant?

matt_1_

Reaction score
Wait and see, Sheeding is normal when you start a treatement considering the hair normal cycle, but have you ever consider using a growth stimulant? Mix with finasteride, results are usually better. I'm not sure about the transplant, you're still pretty yound and unless you have an advance male pattern baldness, i wouldn't consider it. Also, since you're 21, your hormones are still pretty high, as you get older propecia will more effective as hormones get more balance...this article could give a hint: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article220.htm

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you say people can't really notice your hairloss yet.. there is good hope that it will work. Just find the right regimen. Oh and you definitely don't need a hair transplant yet.

mikey21

Reaction score
thanks thinneritgoes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work for me. Do you really think there's a decent chance considering most of my noticeable loss has occurred in the past 7 months since i started propecia and i'm still losing hair? thanks again, mikey

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
I think your chances are just as good for a turn around as at anypoint within the first 3-12 months. I've done a lot of reading on these forums, including a lot of searching through old threads, and there are many people who do not notice any positive signs until months 8-12 and end up happy with their results.

Cheers

MH

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been of finestaride for 11 months, and have been shaving my head for the last few years just started to grow it out and my its a about a no.3 i think and i could only find 1 hair that has shed in the last week
before i shaved my head i used to be able to find 5-10 hairs every time i run my hand throu my hair
so i am pretty sure that i have stoped lossing hair havent noticed any regrowth yet

kiwi