Question about rogaine foam

jmonn

Reaction score
Hey guys, im 27 and have had a receding hairline for years now. Its not that bad but yesterday I bought rogaine foam for the hell of it to try it out, put it on this morning but then had a change of heart with so many horror stories about shedding and never growing back in. My question is if I used rogaine foam once and never use it again will I shed hair at all? And will it affect my hairline at all using it just once? Thanks guys

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
it will always grow back. It messes with the hair cycle, it doesn't kill the hair. It will grow back whether you stay on it or not, but wont grow back as strong, if you stop minoxidil, if one application would even do anything. You might want to try finasteride if you want to maintain your hair

jmonn

Reaction score
Yeah, Im just wondering if I should worry about any of the effects of it if I literally only used it the one time in the morning. Or if it takes a few times to kick in???

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You shouldn't worry about the sides of minoxidil period it is about as harmless as a medication can get hence why you don't need a script for it

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
rogaine only makes your hair fall out temporarily rogaine will only make your hair better than it would be otherwise in long run

idkwtfish

Reaction score
It will grow back whether you stay on it or not, but wont grow back as strong, if you stop minoxidil, if one application would even do anything

So once I use minoxidil and decide to quit, the hair that regrows there will never be the same again? Is it assumed that I will be on minoxidil forever?

resu

Reaction score
Minoxidil syncs your follicles making it appear that you have more hair than reality, it also boosts the follicles making them produce thicker hair and longer, hence those long vellus hairs. That's it.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
So once I use minoxidil and decide to quit, the hair that regrows there will never be the same again? Is it assumed that I will be on minoxidil forever?

your hair is the same whether you are on minoxidil or not, if you are on minoxidil it will grow back thicker than otherwise, if you aren't it will grow back thinner. It will not cause your hair to become thinner than if you never started minoxidil (in the long run). Whether you are on minoxidil or not, miniaturization of follicles continues due to DHT at same rate.