Question About Saw Palmetto Liquid Gel Caps Please?

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if saw palmetto extract the liquid gel caps can cause testicular or penis shrinkage? I am trying to lower my sex drive just a little bit and I wanna take them every other day but can this happen? And will it kill my sex drive permanently? its 160 mgs liquid extract gel caps but at the moment I take 480 mgs of the crushed powder and it helps a little but I always endup mamasturbating and end up doing it 2 times a week which is one of the many things raising my DHT and raising my testosterone. Anyone can help me?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no strong evidence on saw palmetto having a significant physiological impact, just a lot of second-rate studies and anecdotal reports.

Most likely: it does nothing.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does nothing for hair loss or just does nothing in general? Thanks

https://examine.com/supplements/Saw+Palmetto/
The best evidence, according to examine.com, is that saw palmetto is a very weak version of finasteride. However, the studies are of weak quality. It's not that SP necessarily does nothing, it's rather that the investigations are of low quality so we can't know.

On benign prostatic hyperplasia,
Smaller, shorter trials have noted some effect, but larger, longer trials have noted no effect. The most recent Cochrane meta-analysis also notes no effect.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok do you think this would do any good, I wanna start taking the gel caps because ive heard they can help lower testosterone, and well lately ive been having a problem with masturbation and I can bet its not helping my hair much and raising my Testosterone levels causing me to have free t and causing more conversion into DHT. If I take these gel caps for even a week then I'm hoping it will lower my sex drive just for about a week and then I can stop and will get out of my bad habit..do you think this would be a decent idea? Right now I feel like

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
This is causing my hair issues at the moment and I need to stop because it probably is raising my DHT levels.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok do you think this would do any good, I wanna start taking the gel caps because ive heard they can help lower testosterone, and well lately ive been having a problem with masturbation and I can bet its not helping my hair much and raising my Testosterone levels causing me to have free t and causing more conversion into DHT. If I take these gel caps for even a week then I'm hoping it will lower my sex drive just for about a week and then I can stop and will get out of my bad habit..do you think this would be a decent idea? Right now I feel like
I doubt masturbation has any impact on your Androgenetic Alopecia.

If you want to lower your testosterone levels, have bad sleep and eat a lot of sugar.

As you can see, bad idea.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone says it does but doesn't having a high sex drive mean a lot of testosterone which means you have a lot of free t? And is there any other way to lower testosterone just a bit? Was the saw palmetto idea bad?