Question about Shedding Cycles

Ando

Reaction score
How many months long are the intervals between shedding sessions? I lost a lot of hair due to Saw Palmetto in December through February and afterwards I grew most/all the hair that I lost back by not taking Saw Palmetto and using Rogaine instead. Now for the past month I've been shedding hair again, although this may have been related to either me using only half-dosages of Rogaine from July to mid-August and/or drinking Rockstar energy drinks for a month every day (rumor is that high insulin levels are linked to hair loss). So, what do you think? My hair might get better, but I'm really not sure if this is just natural shedding or something else, so I'm kind of worried.

Curly2bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding cycles are different from one person to another, apparently fall/winter is the worst time of the year but I can't tell the difference.

Half dosages of rogaine won't make you loose more hair...can't help with the energy drink question.

Ando

Reaction score
Oh okay, thanks. I have a feeling that it's just shedding, because I'm not really getting the intense itching/irritation that is associated with thinning/balding.

One more question though: is it possible for Rogaine to become ineffective? I'm just curious.