question about starting minoxidil

markymark123

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on propecia for exactly 10 months, and it hasn't done all that I'd hoped it would do. That is to say, my hairline is still receding. I can go nowhere without a hat and now I fear my hair loss will begin to adversely affect my studies at college (I'm only 19). I'm under the assumption that propecia will not give me any growth at the hairline as the situation there was gotten worse, so I figure I will have to introduce minoxidil sometime soon.

My question is, if where i wish to regrow is bare right now, and applying a lotion would be easier to such an area than a dripping liquid, what would be the downsides in starting with 12.5 Xandrox (besides price)? This would seem to be easiest for me as I am not experiencing any thinning on my crown. All I wish to do is gain a little bit of my hairline back and rescue the dying hairs, which i feel could be done easier with 12.5% Xandrox than 5% liquid minoxidil.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
As a general rule, the current hair loss treatments cannot regrow hair in completely slick areas. The best responders will recreate a hair line where there is nothing but skin, however this is rare.

Admittedly I know nothing about the consistency of Xandrox, but I was under the impression that it too is a liquid.

HairLossTalk.com