Question about styling hair transplant hair

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
For those that don't know me, i used to wear my hair long, and i mean long enough to put into a pony tail. When i get out the military i plan to grow it into a pony tail again. Well unfortantualy now i found out im thinning at the age of 27, so i may not be able to wear long hair again.

I know very few men sport the "long haired grizzly adams look", but just wondering.....if i got a hair transplant, could i grow the transplanted hair out that long ??? Has anybody gotten a hair transplant and grew long hair ?

I know women have gotten them and grew out long hair, but their hairloss looks differnt from us men. So basically im curious to know why hasnt anybody with a hair transplant tried to go for the really long look ?

Maby a dumb question but hey i would really love to know if you can do it, and would it look bad or not.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you dudemon for the explanation to why most never grow it out super long. I guess now i have to figure out what spot on the Norwood scale ill end up on......i highly doubt any Doctor can make a sure prediction on that since nobody can ever know for sure.

For now ill try to maintain what i have with topicals.