question about template

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS, how did you end up going about making your template. I think you mentioned the guy from coolpiece had a problem with your original template in another thread....what did you end up giving them?

Input from anyone else would help. I'm in the process of making my template right now.

CCS

Reaction score
The problem I had won't apply to you.

I made my template by shaving my head, and using a razor to get very close. I then put scotch tap directly on my scalp, make sure not to have any wrinkles or bubbles, and criss crossed it till it was 3 thick. After the second layer, I used a sharpy to show the hair direction. I covered all the thin areas and gave myself a hair line. I took it off and put tape on the inside so it would not be sticky.

Most guys use plastic wrap and leave their hair as is, but I doubt they get as good a fit. They say it is good enough though.

You have to decide what area to shave. The more intermediate density you shave off, the thicker your piece can be, but the bigger it will be. Hopefull you go from slick to thick, so the decision will be easier.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine having to work with YOU as a client.

CCS

Reaction score
ToupMaster said:
I can't imagine having to work with YOU as a client.

hehehe. Yes, I've VERY picky. The people at Toplace were convinced I'd not be happy with any piece, but I think I will be. Now that I've seen a sample of swiss, I know it is good stuff.