question about these new promising treatments

Silverfox

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question about future treatments like the RU and others. Here is a situation. A guy has been using the big 3 for 5 years and is having good maintainance. Then the new drugs get their FDA approval. The guy buys the new drugs and stops Propecia & dutasteride/finasteride etc. Does his hair make a smooth transistion to the new drugs or does he have a massive shed as the follicles grown with the old drugs like Minoxidil etc need this drug to remain? (I have heard minoxidil-grown hair only remains with minoxidil and falls out if you change to another drug, then has to regrow on that drug)

Please let this newbie know your thoughts.

Silver

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the next treatment that is for hair loss that goes through the FDA should and we would expect it to be much better then what is currently on offer (finasteride and minoxidil) as these have been out for a million years.

So we would expect to be able to get off the big 3 and start the new treatment and have even more success.

In reality it might not work like that. Some people might respond less to a new treatment? It is dependant on how good the next treatment is and I suppose how well the individual responds to it.