Question for couvre experinced posters, need help urgently!

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

As I informed recently I am keeping shave head look these days as I am too far with male pattern baldness to improve my hair situation with big3.

The shape of my head is accetable to be completely shaved. But the big problem is that on the places where the hair still grows (small place in the front, on sides and in the back) the colour of the skin is somewhat grey while on balding palces is the same as the colour of my face.

So even with shaved head the terrible pattern is pretty visible. Somebody adviced to me here to use couvre but I am not sure how would it look on totally shaved head. Will it hide the contrast between hair growing places and balding places? Will it look natural? What colour shoud I try, white or grey?

Also the top of my head id pretty slick and shiny while the rest is not. Will couvre cover this?

I will appreciate very much any comments to this issue. I would like to discuss it here before ordering the couvre. I would also appreciate any other suggestions on this problem.

I think I am going to stop big 3 now and spare some money for hair cloning in the future. I will be skinhead by then:)

Thank you very much in advance for you comments.

Led

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
What? Using Couvre or quiting big 3 and waiting for hair cloning?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if that is such a good idea, or if it would even work at all. Couvre is a lotion, and it might look like you painted your head.
Are you talking about stubble on your head? I don't know that much about dyeing hair, but it might be better if you were to dye your hair(or stubble) a lighter color just to make it less visible, that's all I can think of, sorry.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
1) You can't dye hair that is so short you cant even see them. Even if you could, he would need to dye it ever other day due to the shaving.

2) Couvre is a bad idea - it's meant for people who have (long) hair. Don't go down that road.

3) The only thing is to keep it trim - shave every other day and TAN for God's sake - TAN!!! Go down that solarium and brown yourself! Seriously, not only one time - do it 3 times a week for 3 weeks. And then you'll see that the difference has faded. Haven't you never thought of why you can't tell if shaved black men are balding? It's because their skin is so dark.

Well you don't need to go afro on yourself, just a very good tan - it makes you look healthy also as opposed to the white skin-head look. When I was shaved I kept a tan always. I have actually showed a picture in here once, but I removed it because people began to save it on their own computers and Photo Shopped me (naming no names, Tynan). But I think those who remember that pic can tell you that it wasn't possible to see where I had hair - and where not - even though I have dark brown hair.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ledvoush said:
What? Using Couvre or quiting big 3 and waiting for hair cloning?

Both. If youre going the "slick" route, listen to buff. He speak truth. Don't even attempt to paint your head with Couvre'.

Also, you may as well continue the "big 3" while you wait for HM - it will only save hair that you won't have to replace later.