Question for HairLossTalk.com and anyone...Hormones

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairlosstalk, i just read in one of your posts that you had high estrogen.
What have you done about it and how did they test it.

Today i got yet again more results back from an endocrinologist in regards to my estrogen levels.

He checked total estrogen again which was the highest ever - 311

He check Estradiol which was - 34

And he checked Free Test which was normal low at 13 "this scares me"

I heard from people on here saying that estradiol is what counts most and not to worry about total estrogen. I asked the Doctor this and he said i should worry about it because there are so many kinds of estrogen in our bodies and just looking at my almost normal estradiol readings means nothing. Basically he wants to see why i am at 311 for my total estrogens.

Also my free testosterone was only 13 "normal in his tests were 13 -40"
So i was on the low normal side.

I thinking of getting of finasteride for a few months to see if it has any effect or if this is caused by something else.

The thing is i have seen ao many here on this site with high estrogen levels as well.

What do you think?

Oh also, the Doctor wants to have me go through all sorts of tests,

MRI on my Pituitary

Xray on CXR-PA + LAT "whatever that means"

Ultrasound on my Testicles

CT Scan - Adrenal

What sucks is i am moving and my insurance is going to cancel so i dont think i will even have time to get this done.

littlejon77

Reaction score
Hi...I'm a MRI/CT technologist....CXR is a Chest Radiograph.....PA & LAT are the two routine views for a Chest radiograph. Hope that helped

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
littlejon77 said:
Hi...I'm a MRI/CT technologist....CXR is a Chest Radiograph.....PA & LAT are the two routine views for a Chest radiograph. Hope that helped

Well i went today to get all thsi stuff done and they told me i had a 1500 dollar deductible for all this and insurance was only paying 800.

I walked out because i was not prepared to spend 700 dollars when all this might lead to nothing.

i think i am going to quit propecia for about 3 months and have my blood taken again. If the results are the same then maybe its something else, unless propecia has messed me up farther then just quiting.

If my results are lower then i will know the cause.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
tpeter said:
Serum Estrogen test. Simple blood test. Comes back in a few days. Levels were higher than the women's range.

Stopping Finasteride returned my estrogen levels to normal within a week and a half, and all side FX went away too.

Your doctor is not familiar with basic finasteride side effects, most likely suggesting a testicular ultrasound because you are having testicle ache. Its almost funny because the ultrasound is to determine if you have a tumor, but pain is not a symptom of testicular cancer.

I had months and months of severe epididymitis while on finasteride and had the same ultrasound done. Totally normal.

If your side effects are disturbing and upsetting you, and your body is telling you something is wrong, stop Finasteride immediately.

I have had the same level of success using Topical spironolactone 5% lotion, Nizoral, and Revivogen now for oer 3.5 years.

HairLossTalk.com

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
tpeter said:
Serum Estrogen test. Simple blood test. Comes back in a few days. Levels were higher than the women's range.

Stopping Finasteride returned my estrogen levels to normal within a week and a half, and all side FX went away too.

Your doctor is not familiar with basic finasteride side effects, most likely suggesting a testicular ultrasound because you are having testicle ache. Its almost funny because the ultrasound is to determine if you have a tumor, but pain is not a symptom of testicular cancer.

I had months and months of severe epididymitis while on finasteride and had the same ultrasound done. Totally normal.

If your side effects are disturbing and upsetting you, and your body is telling you something is wrong, stop Finasteride immediately.

I have had the same level of success using Topical spironolactone 5% lotion, Nizoral, and Revivogen now for oer 3.5 years.

HairLossTalk.com

Thanks for the reply HairLossTalk.com, i didnt even have pain in my Testes so i dont know why he wanted to do that test.

Anyhow i didnt have any tests done and i am just going to quit Fina for a few months then have my blood retested.

I have been in Fina for 5 years now so i hope i have not made this high estrogen permanent.