Question for Moderators - How do you deal?

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Moderators, how do you deal with the incessant new users who ask the same questions, and often don't come back to read responses anyway?! Or the users who say X causes Y, when they are totally wrong -- which forces you to give yet another same response :)

You guys must be very nice and have the patience of saints :) Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make this a good forum!

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing before....they should create a new topic section.....HairlossTalk Discussion Forums Forum Index - > Been asked over, and over, and over again.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
The Rock said:
I was thinking the same thing before....they should create a new topic section.....HairlossTalk Discussion Forums Forum Index - > Been asked over, and over, and over again.

That's a really good idea. Or, make a sticky post that has more information then what is there now (i.e. a FAQ for the forum).

Cassin

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind comment about the moderators!

For me I guess I just don't mind repetition. I enjoy helping out you guys. I don't want to speak for any of the other moderators, but I assume they feel the same. We all have some communication off the boards and they all are good guys.

We do have an area for the newbies. It's the link at the top.

“Frequently Asked Questions - Read first before posting.â€￾

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol we should make a mandate to read each one of them before you are allowed to start the actuall discussion forum

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its not just the moderators, but the old regs who have to deal with the constant waves of repitition. Thats just how the community works.

I think that those of us who have spent a good amount of time here do it because we enjoy helping people, especially with a problem like this that we can really relate to. Eventually some of us (like me) burn out on it, but there seems to be enough people who are thankfull enough for the help they received here to continue passing the knolwedge on.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
While that FAQ is fantastic, I think people don't read it because the questions are not phrased in a way that users who don't (can't :) ) read will use and is also an outside link.

For example, a more abridged version that is in the forum (instead of linking to it) that would have a question phrased as they are endlessly posted here :):

I hear propecia (also called Finestaride) causes cancer?

I hear propecia comes in a larger dosage or something? What is it, can I split it? (since in the FAQ it mentions proscar in the question listing, but people don't know what it is beforehand so they can't know to read that)