Question

Bismarck

Reaction score
I would like to know if there are any shampoos / serums for hairloss available in the US that contain caffeine.
(I'm asking this right here because nobody reads the "unproven"-section.)

Bis

G

Bis,

does caffeine have a role to play in male pattern baldness?

intrigued :shock:

Ty

Bismarck

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Bis,

does caffeine have a role to play in male pattern baldness?

intrigued :shock:

Ty

There is a new product on the market containing caffeine. They had done "studies" and concluded that caffeine prevents from male pattern baldness progression. that's it

bis

Bismarck

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I think a Green Tea shampoo would be what your looking for Biz.

Here is a link for caffeine skin care. Looks like topical caffeine reduces oxidants and free radicals to some degree.

http://www.dermatologistskincare.com/Ca ... roductName

cassin, the mode of action of Green Tea for hairloss is mainly 5aR-inhibiting as far as I'm informed. I don't think it's the caffeine being made responsible for these properties.

Axon

Reaction score
At one time I jested that people would pour coffee on their heads if it was believed to regrow hair.

Irony is a fierce mistress. :(

Cassin

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
Cassin said:

Here is a link for caffeine skin care. Looks like topical caffeine reduces oxidants and free radicals to some degree.

cassin, the mode of action of Green Tea for hairloss is mainly 5aR-inhibiting as far as I'm informed. I don't think it's the caffeine being made responsible for these properties.

Well Green Tea has caffeine does it not?

Axon, People are pouring piss on their head for hairloss.......and :tdo13:

Bismarck

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Bismarck said:
Cassin said:

Well Green Tea has caffeine does it not?

Axon, People are pouring piss on their head for hairloss.......and :tdo13:

Yes. Rogaine contains alcohol, but alcohol doesn't prevent you from male pattern baldness.
People who think that GreenTea helps fighting male pattern baldness usually don't say that caffeine is the "active ingredient", right ?

bis

Cassin

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
People who think that GreenTea helps fighting male pattern baldness usually don't say that caffeine is the "active ingredient", right ?

No. But caffeine is caffeine and if your going to use it on your head you might as well use Green Tea right?

Biz are you coming to the US? If so, regardless of what form caffeine shampoo you want you should go to a store called

http://www.wholefoods.com

Wonderful store...I spend allot fo money their.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
hey bismarck, you're asking this stuff only because of that article?
i found it interesting too, but i'd wait to see more stuff.. that was a tiny lack-of-information article for me..

G

Cassin said:
=caffeine is caffeine and if your going to use it on your head you might as well use Green Tea right?

Cassin, green tea is very low in caffeine, if you want to apply caffeine to your head it would be a poor choice.

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Cassin said:
=caffeine is caffeine and if your going to use it on your head you might as well use Green Tea right?

Cassin, green tea is very low in caffeine, if you want to apply caffeine to your head it would be a poor choice.

Oh I am not applying either . :)

But there is some green tea that will knock you over with caffeine. I drink way too much caffeine and I am trying to cut back. So I am now trying to drink a few cups a day of green tea instead of cokes or coffee. if I am going to pound my body with caffeine it might as well be green tea for the health benefits.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Bismarck said:

No. But caffeine is caffeine and if your going to use it on your head you might as well use Green Tea right?

Biz are you coming to the US? If so, regardless of what form caffeine shampoo you want you should go to a store called

http://www.wholefoods.com

Wonderful store...I spend allot fo money their.

Cassin, I'm not interested in a shampoo for myself. These days I hear a lot about a new shampoo containing caffeine currently promoted against male pattern baldness (only available in Germany AFAIK). So I wonder if anybody else had the same idea.

biz

Bismarck

Reaction score
shosho said:
hey bismarck, you're asking this stuff only because of that article?
i found it interesting too, but i'd wait to see more stuff.. that was a tiny lack-of-information article for me..

what article ?

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=588&art_id=iol110147548114A551

Going bald? Coffee shampoo can help...

November 26 2004 at 04:35PM

Hamburg - Treating hair with caffeine products can stop men from going bald, according to a new German study.

Professor Peter Elsner, part of the team at the Jena University, said that the stimulant has the most effect on men whose hair roots were very sensitive to testosterone, one of the causes of hair loss.

But the research does not mean that coffee drinkers will be spared a bald head in later life, only those who smear it directly on their heads.

Adolf Klenk of Kurt Wolff cosmetic research said: "One would have to drink between 60 and 80 cups of coffee a day for the necessary amount of caffeine to reach the roots."

He said that men who are frightened that they may lose their hair should start treating their scalps with caffeine while they are still young. - Ananova.com

-----

hehe.. if not, why? just to know if there are more articles talking about cappuccino and baldness...

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What is the systemic absorbtion of this caffeine poo?