questions about a new regimen of spironolactone and minoxidil

dfass

Reaction score
i grew all my hair back with duasteride but had too quit due to side effects. now my hair is thinning and balding again , but i still have quite a bit. i am using spironolactone 5% 2 times a day. my question is what do people think about using minoxidil only at night twice a day or not at all. because right now the only part of my hair that could improve is my hairline, but i am expecting a serious shed because of quitting duasteride a month ago.
any responses would be greatly appreciated
dfass

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest staying on the minoxidil at least 1X/day. Its the best hair growth product we have. I would also suggest a cu-peptide and nizoral to round out your regimen.

You could also use topical dutasteride, but it might not work any better than topical spironolactone. http://www.lipoxidil.com

dfass

Reaction score
thanks man, what do you think about the topical dutasteride. sounds good, no side efects? what do you think

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, ive thought about topica dutasteride, but I think topical spironolactone might be just as powerful. Topical dutasteride would probably significantly cut down on side-effects.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
what kind of side effects were you getting on dutasteride? i'm going to start when i get mine in the mail in a week. i've tried everything else (including spironolactone) and nothing seems to work, my hair continues to thin.

dfass

Reaction score
when i was taking propecia before i started on duasteride my eyebrows started tofall out slowly, when i went on duasteride my hair grew like crazy but my eyebrows fell out like crazy too , i have been off of it for 1 and a week and my face is still greasy like you wouldn't believe and my eyebrows are still falling out but a lot slower, i don't reccomend it, i think i will order the topical stuff, and use it with the spironolactone and nizoral, but honestly i duasteride works, and i was only taking one pill every 4 days but i would not recommend it to anyone.

hairnow

Reaction score
spironolactone with zinc oxide and minoxidil combination seemed to work better for me than either product alone. I use the Lipoxidil.com products, minoxidil in the morning and spironolactone at night. The minoxidil without retin-a is good for daytime use because it doesn't leave a greasy residue behind.

I also found that more than 1x day use of Lipoxidil (minoxidil) caused side effects, so one x day was an easy decision.

dfass

Reaction score
hey hair now what do you think about that topical duasteride at lipoxidil.com

hairnow

Reaction score
dfass:

I don't have an opinion on it, just some thoughts:

To me, big question is: does the dutasteride mostly stay local when topically administerred in a liposomal system, or are you in effect, just getting a lower dose than you get with oral dutasteride? So, if there are less side effects, is it just because the dose is lower (including the levels penetrating the scalp), or can you achieve clinicaly effective dosage locally (in the saclp), while staying at a sub-clinical dosage systemically?

I'm not sure if my blathering was clear on that.

Also, I tried the topical fina for several months two years ago and didn't think it was helpful. But, who knows? Some people seem to think it's great.

I think the topical dutasteride could be worth a try if money is not a concern, but I'm sure you've noticed that trying everything they offer at lipoxidil.com costs an arm and a leg.

dfass

Reaction score
right now my biggest complaint is the greasy skin that oral dutasteride has given me. i guess my question is that could a topical lotion give me greasy skin , or somehow mess with my pancreas.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
dfass said:
i mean prostate
You can edit your original post you know....