Questions about vitamins and where to buy them...

Matw

Reaction score
Hey,

I've noticed that a lot of members who post success stories have incorporated vitamins into their regimens. Currently I'm using Nizoral twice a week and I just started on 0.5mg Finasteride this week and I'd like to add some vitamins to the mix. At the moment, I'm taking a multivitamin but I think I could add some other stuff, too.

I'm thinking about taking Biotin, MSM, Omega 3 and Vitamin C daily, along with the multivitamin and the Propecia.

I've been looking around my local chemists and health stores here in Australia and I'm having trouble finding some of the vitamins I need...

- I cannot find 1000mg capsules of MSM anywhere.
- I can find biotin but only in 300mcg capsules. From what I've read, I need something closer to 5mg a day, right?

Can anyone recommend either a place in Australia or a website online where I can order this stuff from?

Also, would it be possible to get a recommendation on how much of these vitamins I should be taking a day? I've read mixed stories about the mg quantities I should be taking.

Finally, are there any other vitamins I should be taking to promote healthy hair and regrowth?

I plan on mega-dosing on the Vitamin C (about 6000mg a day and up) for the ridiculous skin benefits I enjoyed last time I tried it... So if anyone knows of any hair related reason why not to do this, I'd like to hear it, too. :)

Thanks,
Matw :woot:

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Matw, First I'd like to say if your considering taking more vitamins/supplements, limit to only a few you need, and are effective.

I'm thinking about taking Biotin, MSM, Omega 3 and Vitamin C daily, along with the multivitamin and the Propecia.

I've experimented with lots of vitamins and supplements, many useless and expensive, the best I found (and still use today) are;

Niacin W/flush 500mg daily
Vitamin C chewable, 500mg, taking up to 5000mg daily tops.
CoQ10 w/ Vit. E

Also, consider taking polyphenols, great sources are POM, red wine, grapes, apples and green tea.

Resversatol in grapes and red wine.

Eat raw fruits and veges and oats, also great for fiber, which helps male pattern baldness big time!

Hoppi

Reaction score
i KNOW I'm not supposed to keep mentioning these but the only reason I do is because they are so... magic bullet...y. lol

It cuts down the number of tablets you have to take dramatically! Basically what I do is take the ********.net tablets, with some MSM and a multivitamin. That way I'm getting pretty much everything my hair could ever need and a bit extra too!

But it's your call, everyone has their own ways of doing it :)

Jacob

Reaction score
********.net...eh? :dunno:

BTW..my top supplement choice would probably be probiotics.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
********.net...eh? :dunno:

BTW..my top supplement choice would probably be probiotics.

It gets censored now, because I think I said it too much ._.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
From everything I've read its important to get your viatmins from your diet and not popping pills. They may contain ingrediants that are of no use. Also unless your diet is terrible you'll already get a large amount off what you need anyway. Certain vitamins are said to help hair but I would add these foods to your diet instead of amny different pills. You also have to be careful of not having too much as too much can actually cause loss.

kurejikuraun

Reaction score
mrdavies said:
From everything I've read its important to get your viatmins from your diet and not popping pills. They may contain ingrediants that are of no use. Also unless your diet is terrible you'll already get a large amount off what you need anyway. Certain vitamins are said to help hair but I would add these foods to your diet instead of amny different pills. You also have to be careful of not having too much as too much can actually cause loss.

you know, taking the vitamins you need from your diet indeed would be the best, but considering all the stuff they use nowadays to grow up all those fruits and vegetables, and also all the genetic modifications done in the past decades in order to increase their "quality" as well as size, some of the drugs might be of better help. drugs usually have the right quantity of dosage of the vitamins you need, and if the prescription is right and you have no side effects from using them, they turn out being much more helpfull

as for Matw, check out this site: http://www.rxshop.md/
I suppose you might find what are you looking for there, and they do shipments in Australia as I know.

wish you the best, and hope you find a solution. good luck

Hoppi

Reaction score
I think a combination of the two is best. It depends if there are things you specifically want, and how much of those things you want.

I am using SOME tablets (although I'll admit they are quite comprehensive! multivitamin, one for hair, MSM, omega 3, beta-sitosterol), but trying to get a lot of stuff through diet too :)