Questions on how toppik and nizoral perform for those using them

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this quesiton has been asked 8 million times, im just curious as to what you guys think about these two products. Toppik sounds too good to be true, can anyone honestly tell me if its useful? I only have a small spot, but im getting sick of having to comb over it. Also, im not entirely sure about the usefulness of nizoral, can anyone attest to that as well? My derm warned me about shampoos and such that claim to regrow hair, so im skeptical, but this site says its a must so im a little confused.

Thanks guys, i dont know anyone that i could talk to for an honest answer, and this seems like the best place.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
toppik too good to be true?
as long as you don't use it on the hair line I guess it's works a little...nothing like the photos on the website though.
If you do decide to use it check yourself in real light (sunlight). Take a mirror in front of a window with sun coming through and take a look. It can be quite detectable depending how you use it.

Nizoral is not a product claiming to regrow hair. Read some of the articles on this site regarding it.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
From this website:
"Nizoral is a necessary part of every hair loss treatment regimen. On it's own, it will not do much, but it has been proven in clinical studies to increase hair count, and comes as a shampoo which can conveniently be rotated with other shampoo's at a very low cost. We give it a 5 star rating as it is the only shampoo on the market that can truly help stop hair loss."

Sorry, i just assumed when it said increase hair count that it meant hair growth. But stopping hair loss works for me :)
But does it actually work?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
that's from this site. It's really just a anti dandruff shampoo . There's been studies done with the active ingredient in Nizoral that show positive results with male pattern baldness sufferers. The makers of Nizoral shampoo don't make this claim.

Using it alone with nothing else would most likely give you no results with male pattern baldness.However it should be part of everyones hair loss regimen.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Using it alone with nothing else would most likely give you no results with male pattern baldness.However it should be part of everyones hair loss regimen.

I've noticed the two times I've used it my scalp is great and i'm shedding less.. my scalp feels all wierd afterwards, but then it feels great. nizoral and conditioner make my hair fuller.. and yes I know I'm a pretty boy from waaaaay back, lol.

I ordered my fincar, 2 weeks ill be hopping the finasteride train. Im trieng to ease myself into the treatment.

I also ordered some toppik today.. I'll know in 4 days if it;s worth the 35$ I paid.

;)

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to DP and Hijack

But as I just used nizoral for the second time.. my hair feels great but my head feels all warm and kinda burny... is that erm good? The first time it just kinda tingled.

I use 1% and used it mon. and today... but it's been burning a lil bit before nizoral so it's wierd. Should I have someone check my head for inflamation?