questions on **MSM**

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys.

had a bit of a dodgy real short haircut, shows the crown thinning too much for comfort. want to grow it a bit longer to where it should be. i want it to be like 2 weeks worth longer than it is now, if you see what i mean.

where can i get MSM in the UK, at real short notice. can i pick ut up from any health food store, or pharmacy? like holland and barrett? or boots?

also, if i take it for like 4 days or something, how much longer will my hair grow? like a weeks worth or something? can i take it for like a week or 2 then just stop? also, will there be any noticeable difference after like one day or 2? how much?

thanks very much, much appreciated guys.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
im in the US and you can buy it here from any pharmacy....i dont kno about the UK tho....also ive been taking it for 2 weeks so far and my hair is long so i might just see the difference but im sure i read other peoples posts and they say it starts workin after a month

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
:O:O:O

seriously? it can take a MONTH before it kicks in? omg. i was looking for a quick fix to a too short haircut

G

MSM is avaliable in pretty much most health food shops, try and get the organic stuff made from tree bark, not the stuff derived from petrochemicals (read the label). Nature's Health is a good source.

will there be any noticeable difference after like one day or 2?

yes, after a single day of taking MSM your hair will be noticeably longer, infact if you mix the powder form into water and drink it through a straw, you can see your hair grow as the glass of MSM/Water goes down.

Ty

*P.S. that thing I said about your hair being longer after a day is not true

misterium

Reaction score
Where can I buy some good MSM ?

I tried looking at wal mart health vitamins section, couldn't find it.

Is it a pill I can take? What mg should I take daily ?

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
great, is that most health food shops in the uk you think?

also, how much should i take of it and how regularly? can you actually take too much? should i buy the tablets?

the question about noticing the growth effects in like a day or 2 was actually serious..if you think about it, your hair is noticeably longer after a week without msm. so say it speeds growth like 4x the normal rate or something...shouldnt it be noticeable in a matter of days?

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent advice Ty.

I've heard of hairdressers 'on the make' who slip it into your tea while you've got your head under the dryer with your rollers in.

By the time you get home you're due for your next visit!

I generally get my hair cut about 2" shorter than really suits me, to allow for the fact that I take it every morning.

G

youngguy_uk said:
great, is that most health food shops in the uk you think?

also, how much should i take of it and how regularly? can you actually take too much? should i buy the tablets?

the question about noticing the growth effects in like a day or 2 was actually serious..if you think about it, your hair is noticeably longer after a week without msm. so say it speeds growth like 4x the normal rate or something...shouldnt it be noticeable in a matter of days?

I think it may take a couple of months, maybe three to start to notice a difference in the rate of hair growth. Vitimin E is good for the skin too, but don't expect to take Vitimin E and have better skin the following day.

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
You can get it from most places in the UK. Holland and Barrett stock it.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i read somewhere on the net just now actually, that basically msm is all natural and provides extra protein that the hair needs to grow...and its all absorbed and used and stuff in 24 hours.. this suggests it starts working immediately...what do you guys think?

also says you cant overdose with it..but can someone tell me how much is needed to grow hair really quick without taking way too much?

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
MSM as a supplement for faster hair growth? Hard to believe...

And what about the sides? Longterm effects of accelerating your hair's growth rate?

G

youngguy_uk said:
i read somewhere on the net just now actually, that basically msm is all natural.....

One form is taken from tree bark which I would describe as natural, but he majority of MSM in health food shop is a bi-product of the petrochemical industry.

youngguy_uk said:
....and provides extra protein that the hair needs to grow...

The hair needs no extra protein to grow, you would be hard pushed to find a person in the west with insufficient protein intake from their normal diet.

youngguy_uk said:
.....and its all absorbed.....

very doubtful

youngguy_uk said:
and used and stuff in 24 hours.. this suggests it starts working immediately...what do you guys think?

what suggests it starts working immediately?

youngguy_uk said:
.....also says you cant overdose with it..but can someone tell me how much is needed to grow hair really quick without taking way too much?

On most MSM suppliments 6000mg (6g) is suggested as a safe daily intake, but It would not suprise me if amounts many times this were ok.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is 1000mg capsule a day still will be effective on hair growment and nails ?

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
msm definitely is used to make hair and nails and skin grow/replenish quicker. i read a study where 100% of candidates saw faster hair growth a compared to placebo, and 50% saw quicker growing, thicker nails.

i also read another site that said it starts working within 24 hours. because the keratin it provides for use by hair nails skin etc is used up when its absorbed, and any excess is flushed out of the system within 24 hours. apparently most people do not have the max amount of keratin in their bodies so when they take msm, thats why their hair and nails can grow quicker.

anyway, back to the point, is anyone here using msm, or know about using msn, and can tell me if theyve seen/known it to start working immediately. also, can you see increased rate of growth in days, and how much growth do you get in say a wk, as compared to normal.

thanks

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just take the damn pill to find out.... it's a dietary supplement not a damn cure for genetic disorders which if taken without disorders causes disorders.

You will be fine, I noticed an increase in nail growth within a few days.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have any testimonies as to whether MSM actually made your hair grow faster? Ive read so many articles saying that hair will not grow faster than it is genetically programmed to grow.

All that I can see MSM being good for is health for the hair, which could increase the growth rate relative to what its been for you. Maximizing the hair's growth rate is defintely a plus, but i dont think i buy it being a rapid-growth stimulant.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's not even it's sole purpose. Looking right on the bottle it says in bold letters

"Helps promote healthy joints and cartilage"