Questions regarding taking meds before my Transplant?

alexmi2

Reaction score
Hi folks. Losing hair mainly around the temples. Just started losing a little around my crown area. Im guessing Im a norwood 2 or 3. All male family members have
receded at the temples with age, and lost density, but havent balded on top or the back. I have never taken a tablet in my life, but really want to give my hair transplant the best chance of success.
Should I, and if so how long before the op should I start taking minoxidil and/or Finest or is it best to get a transplant without the meds. I would like to stop taking the meds after 12 months or so on them, but if the majority suggest otherwise Im willing to continue.
Im 39 years of age. Main aim of transplant will be filling in the temples and not look like Im receding. Ive been told by Doctor Woods I would need approximately 1 to 2k of Fue.
Seeing as Im going to be forking out over 20k I want to do this thing properly, so if it means standing on my to get my hair back Ill do it.
Thank you in advance for any advice.
I'm trying to upload a jpg file photo but it keeps coming up with file invalid so unfortunately cant show you my hairline.

kriss

Reaction score
What did Dr Woods recommend? Unfortunely most meds don't work that well for temples and front hairline. Proscar/Fisternicide and Avodart and Rogaine would be worth taking, they should help some.

alexmi2

Reaction score
Thanks Kris for your reply

Dr Woods mentioned to expect some hair to fall out due to shock loss etc but that it would be insignificant.
My aim is to give it the best shot of success as I can so if it means taking tabs and liquid potions I shall.
Just wanted to hear others experiences, and to know how long I should be on the meds before contemplating setting a transplant date.

alexmi2

Reaction score
Thanks metal head dude. Will take a look at the link you sent right now. Much apperciated.
Nice looking girl you have as a pic my friend.
:bravo: