Quitted Minoxidil 6 months ago / Began with Propecia - Ritalin - Exams = Shedding??

Processus

Reaction score
Dear community,

in forward: I am sorry for my bad english :)

So, I just wanted to ask you what could happened to me.

About 6 months ago i stopped using minoxidil because of an allergic reaction after 3 - 4 years. At the same time i started with propecia, so at the moment I am on propecia for about 6 months.

I am 23 years old and started to use minoxidil when i was 19-20 because i was afraid of hair loss. I dont know if I would have MBP one day. I just wanted to stop it before it would start.

So after 3 or 4 years i stopped it and at the same time began to take propecia. In the last 6 month i had a really stressed time. (exams, i was sleeping just 3-4 hours a day, took ritalin about 200mg a day, koffein 1g a day, ...)

After stopping monixidil i realised that my hair loss was a little bit more than before. currently i am i would say Norwood 1, but my hairs got a little bit thinner, but in a way like a diffuse hair loss. It was not a massive shed like everybody said, the hairs after a shower are about 50-70 hairs.

And everytime i loose a hair, there is a yellow thing on the end.

What do you think what this hair loss is?
Is it the shedding of postminox or the shedding because of propecia? Or is it maybe because of the exam-stress?

Is it possible, that most of the hairs could come back?

thank you in forward!!

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Exam-stress won't let you lose your hair. In fact, I have never seen or heard of anyone who has lost hair due to stress. I really get frustrated about the "hair loss due to stress" thing. If it happens due to stress, it's really rare and not a likely cause of hair loss at all.

Stopping with minoxidil means you WILL lose all gains that minoxidil gave you, adding finasteride will NEVER enable you to keep the minoxidil gains. The reason for this is that both drugs work through a different mechanism.

Of course, I recommend you to stay on finasteride for at least a year and see what happens.

Processus

Reaction score
Exam-stress won't let you lose your hair. In fact, I have never seen or heard of anyone who has lost hair due to stress. I really get frustrated about the "hair loss due to stress" thing. If it happens due to stress, it's really rare and not a likely cause of hair loss at all.

Stopping with minoxidil means you WILL lose all gains that minoxidil gave you, adding finasteride will NEVER enable you to keep the minoxidil gains. The reason for this is that both drugs work through a different mechanism.

Of course, I recommend you to stay on finasteride for at least a year and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply.

I know what you mean, but i mentioned that it could be because of ritalin overose and coffein overdose. :)

I know that i will lose all my minoxidil hairs, but after 6 months - i should be at the end of the progress or not?
If I look back, I think I hadn't got any "high" regrow by minoxidil.

what does it mean, when at the end of the hairs are some little yellow bulbs?