Quitting Finasteride Advice Needed From Other Quitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi had thread here yesterday but was deleted, i got some info from couple guys but i would like some posters on here who have quit finasteride after taking it for more than a year, essentially did you go cold turkey or wean yourself off and what can i expect re hair loss and physically if you had sides while on finasteride. Any info appreciated

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi had thread here yesterday but was deleted, i got some info from couple guys but i would like some posters on here who have quit finasteride after taking it for more than a year, essentially did you go cold turkey or wean yourself off and what can i expect re hair loss and physically if you had sides while on finasteride. Any info appreciated

Why do you want to quit?

jh94

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair maintained while on finasteride for a year and it's remained stable for 8 months after quitting.

I feel like the actual benefit of tapering off is unknown but most people do it for peace of mind. Biggest tip is to try and not worry about it or you could overthink yourself into a wreck resembling pfs.

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Im essentially quitting as i feel i am getting sides such as mild gyno and i really dont think it has done anything for my hair, i could be wrong but at best it may have slowed my hairloss. i quit cold turkey last Wednesday after nearly 3 years.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing was deleted. I did move a side effects related thread to the side effects forum, but I am not certain if that was yours. Check there for your thread.

We don't just delete threads here. Its not our policy unless the content is inflammatory and conveys malicious intent.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Likewise the "Tell Your Story" forum is not the forum to just pop in and start talking about propecia side effects. Its for people to introduce themselves and tell their stories. So Im going to lock this as its off topic.

You should've received an alert saying that your thread was moved. Keep an eye on your "Flag" icon upper right of the screen for alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.