Radiofreeeurope's Story - (22)

radiofreeeurope

Reaction score
I'm 22 going on 23 and it's been a couple of months since I noticed I'm starting to go bald. It's always been quite thick and had remained so until early this year, showing very slight signs of recession about 6 months ago but nothing noticeable until 3 months ago. I've been stressed over it ever since, and looking back at a photo of when I was 20 and had a full head of styled hair is quite painful. During the day it sometimes feels like my head is throbbing in the balding areas, maybe it's all in the mind.

But anyway I'm trying to remain positive and am looking to take the plunge into treatment and do something. My hair hasn't been cut for 10-12 weeks which means it's long on the back and sides but less hair is growing particularly on top and there is a receding hairline beginning to form. It's not that bad yet but styling is now very hard.

[attachment=0:rxpqdo4o]balding51210 002.jpg[/attachment:rxpqdo4o]
[attachment=1:rxpqdo4o]balding51210 001.jpg[/attachment:rxpqdo4o]

I'm looking for advice on how best to stop the hair loss. I started with Nizoral a couple of months back but I realise I'll have to take finasteride soon. The only thing stopping me is the possible reaction it will have with my acne which is still active...does anyone think it's safe to do so?

Attachments

• balding51210 001.jpg
    balding51210 001.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 176
  • balding51210 002.jpg
    balding51210 002.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,497

radiofreeeurope

Reaction score
Started finasteride on January 7 and I initially faced the side-effect of watery semen, though that seems to have subsided. Have still been experiencing plenty of hair fall running fingers through my hair, and my scalp stings worse than previous months despite Nizoral use.

Thinking I need to add something like ACV or some essential oils into the regime.

radiofreeeurope

Reaction score
Well it's been almost exactly 3 months and I'm still experiencing the dreaded burning/itchy scalp, hair is still falling out at the same rate - I'll stick with Propecia, but are the signs bad so far and could I be a non-responder?

the_dude

Reaction score
I think it's too early to tell, just stick with it. And hair falling out isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
I would still say you have an excellent chance of recovery. Starting treatment the same year you noticed the thinning is a good thing. My hair loss has been slow, but it started almost 10 years ago, so I probably won't have a full recovery.