RadioMopTopHead's Story - (20 /fighting hair loss for 3 years)

Reaction score
Hi
Im new here...been lurking for a LONG time. The people on this forum are a God Send and I thank you.

Bit about myself: i'm a 20 year old student in good shape and been fighting hairloss quite well for about 3 years.

Treatments tried: Waited a long time till my receder was just on the verge of becoming noticeable to everyone so started applying spironolactone every day for about 6 months, started off okay but carried on losing ground so i added prox-n. Gave that a further 3 months and I can say the forelock started thickening a little. But 3 months after that it began deteriorating again so I continued with the 2 but in a very depressed state. Eventually I couldn't take it much more and in a last ditch effort (I was hoping to postpone it as long as poss) jumped on the big 3. (I lie, i was actually using Nizoral since the whole thing started at around 17).

Today's situation - Ive been on finasteride and minoxidil since july 10th last year and I can say i'm very pleased with the state of my hair and it does not look like im balding anymore (my mum even said on my return from uni: "Gosh your hair is thick, remember that time you thought you were going bald!") Mums a.
The annoying thing though is the sides. minoxidil i can handle the super hairy eyebrow/sideburn surrounding area thing (I read Kiel loves this) but the finasteride flabby pecs I cannot.
I do not have Gyno as there is no tissue. The droopyness is noticeable only to me because i'm very skinny anyway.

Im continuing on minoxidil as its ace and nizoral is no problem at all but I don't want to quit finasteride OR have flab pecs so i've been taking a break from it waiting for the pecs to de-sag (so far its been 7 days).
Its definitely better already but still not how it was and I just need to know how much of a break from finasteride is too long?

This site gives great hope and I thank you.
Peace and Love

p.s If any noobs read this, as a previous noobie with major worries of finasteride sides I just want to say there were no other sides what so ever at all.
During August 07 I took 1/5 of proscar when I couldnt take the recession anymore and immediately panicked that I wouldnt be able to do my new found gf that very same weekend and she'd leave me...what do you know I couldn't get it up AT ALL. I took about 3 more doses and then packed it in deciding to look at other routes.
Almost a year later (began taking the same doses of finasteride again july 08) no erection issues what so ever at all.
I think it was because the first time I took the dose right before bed and thought about nothing but sides in the darkness, 2nd time round taking it in the morning meant I had to get on with my day with no time for silly thoughts. Definitely psychological for me.

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
glad the meds are working for you! :punk: I am the same as you are. finasteride is working for me without any noticeable side effects.

Reaction score
So i've been off finasteride for 2 weeks now.
I've got very frizzy big fro curly hair and since being on finasteride the frizz has died down alot and actual smooth curls form. However whilst being off of finasteride everything has re-frizzed annoyingly. The moobs are getting better each day and I want to get back on finasteride soon, how long can I stay off finasteride without letting things get bad again?