Rahal or Hasson for hair transplant?

Jayz

Reaction score
Very hard to choose between these two doctors. I have found much more documented video evidence from Hasson & Wong on youtube and other sites, but have only seen pictures of Rahal's results. I like the pictures, but pictures are not as convincing as videos.

Anyone know which of the two would be a better choice?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the best way to sum up both is:

H&W for crowns

Rahal for hairlines

But eitherways, both physicians are very highly regarded, its a case of personal choice and who you feel most comfortable with.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends what size session you want, what Norwood are you?

Jayz

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Depends what size session you want, what Norwood are you?

I'm a Norwood 3V. I'm looking to rebuild the hairline with about 3 or 3.5 thousand grafts and place about 1,000 on the crown. Of the two, I'd say the hairline and frontal third of the head is the most important aspect to me.

I've read / seen in many places that Rahal is good, but the pictures are not as convincing as the videos I have seen of H&W's work. This is not because the pictures don't look impressive, it's just that video reveals more than a still image does.

Has anyone seen anything concrete and convincing of Rahal's consistent quality results? I'd be really interested to hear about it if they have, as I'm on the fence here...

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayz said:
Very hard to choose between these two doctors. I have found much more documented video evidence from Hasson & Wong on youtube and other sites, but have only seen pictures of Rahal's results. I like the pictures, but pictures are not as convincing as videos.

Anyone know which of the two would be a better choice?

Try meeting the patients of both the clinics that have hair loss similar to yours. That is the fool proof test.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I think the best way to sum up both is:

H&W for crowns

Rahal for hairlines

But eitherways, both physicians are very highly regarded, its a case of personal choice and who you feel most comfortable with.

I think this is too simplistic a divide. H&W good enough for hairlines too. I still have to see one properly documented result from Rahal. I mean lots of pictures taken without flash and lots of videos.
A Doctor that can do the complex crown can always do the hairline. Moreover, Rahal has less experience. 2 years max, I think.

Jayz

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
I still have to see one properly documented result from Rahal. I mean lots of pictures taken without flash and lots of videos.
It's interesting you should say that; I wrote to Rahal asking for a link to some documented video evidence of results and to interview a past patient. It was the first email of several that they did not respond to. I think I'm on the right track opting for H&W now.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
[quote="Lucky_UK":2k4uppta].
Moreover, Rahal has less experience. 2 years max, I think.
[/quote:2k4uppta]

You should really quit spreading false information. Dr. Rahal has been doing transplants for over 10 years. A great and very compassionate doctor.
Either Hasson or Rahal would be a good choice.

If someone is having problems with an Email reponse from Dr. Rahal, they should just call and ask for Adrian the patient advisor.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairDont said:
Rwt_Raj said:
[quote="Lucky_UK":pjyx5w95].
[/quote:pjyx5w95]

I didn't write that, Rwt_Raj did.

Rwt_Raj is a little misinformed imo

I agree H&W do great hairlines and are probably one of the world's best clinics but from reading the forums over the years I found many regard Rahal as a master at hairline design.

Like I said, it is down to who you feel most comfortable with.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry Lucky,

I wasn't blaming you, just trying to learn how to quote on this site.

I've met with both docs and think both are definitely in the Top 5.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's ok HairDont

I agree they are right up there as the best, it would be very difficult to decide to choose if either were in your shortlist.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
HairDont said:
Rwt_Raj said:
[quote="Lucky_UK":2uphanvr].

You should really quit spreading false information. Dr. Rahal has been doing transplants for over 10 years. A great and very compassionate doctor.

If someone is having problems with an Email reponse from Dr. Rahal, they should just call and ask for Adrian the patient advisor.[/quote:2uphanvr]

I based my opinions on what I read. There were posts 2 years ago suggesting Rahal used to work/train under Armani and then left to start his own setup. No way is his clinic been there since 10 years.
H&W, otoh, have been around for >5 years atleast. maybe longer.
Theres also none of the precise video and picture documentation that you see from other leading clinics. I always see pictures taken with flash. Even a newbie should know that using flash when taking pictures is deceptive.
I am not saying, Rahal is not good. I am saying he has not proven himself as well as Hasson or others to be included in the top league.

Show me 5 outstanding results from Rahal, where the after pictures are clear and not taken with flash and where theres a good videoclip showing the after result. Then I will think.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
HairDont said:
Rwt_Raj said:
[quote="Lucky_UK":3cy7n68o].

If someone is having problems with an Email reponse from Dr. Rahal, they should just call and ask for Adrian the patient advisor.[/quote:3cy7n68o]

I based my opinions on what I read. There were posts 2 years ago suggesting Rahal used to work/train under Armani and then left to start his own setup. No way is his clinic been there since 10 years.
H&W, otoh, have been around for >5 years atleast. maybe longer.
Theres also none of the precise video and picture documentation that you see from other leading clinics. I always see pictures taken with flash. Even a newbie should know that using flash when taking pictures is deceptive.
I am not saying, Rahal is not good. I am saying he has not proven himself as well as Hasson or others to be included in the top league.

Show me 5 outstanding results from Rahal, where the after pictures are clear and not taken with flash and where theres a good videoclip showing the after result. Then I will think.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry RWT.... wrong again

Dr. Rahal worked with Dr. Armani a few years back to assist Dr. Armani's practice.
It had nothing to do with training.
He would fly from Ottawa to Toronto a few days a week.
Dr. Rahal still had his practice in Ottawa going at that time.
If you don't believe me, then give him or Adrian a call.
I should know since I have met with both.

pete24

Reaction score
RWT

Ive just had a hair transplant with Dr. Rahal. He has been doing H/Ts since 1995.

And for your information there is no flash photography used. I sat in his mini photo studio and they use consistent good lighting.

I did lots of research and actually Dr. Rahal has lots of great cases on his website and there are lots of independent blogs showing great results before and after.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
Just go to Dr. Rahal's website and choose ANY 5 patients and you'll see 5 outstanding results. No flash, no gimmicks, just excellent results, especially the hairlines. I'll probably be going to Rahal within 6 months for mine. I've had multiple consults with multiple doctors, a few in-office visits, and so far I'm the most comfortable with Rahal. His results seem to be the most consistent overall (along with H&W) and his hairlines are unparalleled.

bearingitall

Reaction score
I did the same research two years ago and met patients of both doctors as well as Drs. Rahal and Hasson. Both had patients with great results but after reviewing everything, I felt more comfortable going with Dr. Hasson even though Dr. Rahal was local. Dr. Hasson gave me a great hairline and I recently went back to finish the crown.

BTW, don't believe ANY pics as lighting and styling play a HUGE role. Meet people with similar characteristics as yourself. Most of these clinics have a lot of camera skills....