Rainman5422's Story - (22 years old....)

rainman54

Reaction score
so i just turned 22, slowly realizing that i might be having a receding hairline. my father is completely bald.

been reading around for a bit.

anyways here are some pics to show you where im at. i believe im at a norwood 2 maybe? the back is fine for now, its just that i can see the hairline at the front slowly going back. i want to attack this when it is still small.

starting minoxidil soon first....still thinking about the finasteride (trying to figure out if i should do proscar cut into smaller pieces vs propecia - have to read up more on that. i keep hearing that the finasteride. might not be evenly distributed if i go through the cutting method.)

at first i thought it was just a maturing hairline....but i have been loosing way too many hairs in the shower (maybe around 100?).

2.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know how, based on those photos, anyone can recommend a fairly serious drug like Finasteride.
You might be balding, you might not.
Get a doctors opinion.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i agree with clay

get a professionals opinion

photographs are difficult to diagnose male pattern baldness

cheers mate

fireman

Reaction score
Your hair looks perfectly fine right now man.

It seems that the problem is recession at the temples, which for most people FINASTERIDE will not work.

I've been on finasteride for about a year and a half now and my temples continue to recede. If I were you I'd just wait til I start noticing some thinning around the crown area and then hop on finasteride, because that is the area in which finasteride works best.