Rajiv's Story

rajivnairr

Reaction score
Rajiv's Story - 8.5 Month update with Pics

Hello Everyone,

I am 26 years old from Mumbai, India. I have been experiencing hair loss since the last 4-5 years. male pattern baldness runs in my family both in my fathers & mothers side, I cant think of an uncle or cousin who have a head full of hair. I deliberated treatment because honestly I didn't feel that theres anything, anyone could do about it. However I started searching the web and forums such as this to see if theres still hope for me. A member in another hairloss forum suggested me to get on the Big 3 for atleast a year. So I started my regimen with Finasteride 1mg, Minoxidil 5% & Nizoral 1%.

I started my treatment on the 15th of October 2011 and so far have responded well to it. The first two months I stuck to Minoxidil 5% while in month 3 I started using Minoxidil 10% in the night and Minoxidil 5% in the morning. I also had a bottle of Vichy dercos lying around which is basically Aminexil that Im using every alternate day.

In the last 3 months I have experienced a decrease in hairloss and some regrowth. Though its still very early I can feel an increase in density of hair on the scalp, they are still very thin and unhealthy, I hope Minoxidil can help thicken it. So heres my journey so far...

[attachment=0:rlezff7s]The Medication.jpg[/attachment:rlezff7s][attachment=6:rlezff7s]Baseline Top.jpg[/attachment:rlezff7s][attachment=5:rlezff7s]Baseline Crown.jpg[/attachment:rlezff7s][attachment=4:rlezff7s]Month 2 - Top.jpg[/attachment:rlezff7s][attachment=3:rlezff7s]Month 2 - Crown.jpg[/attachment:rlezff7s][attachment=2:rlezff7s]Month 3 - Top.jpg[/attachment:rlezff7s][attachment=1:rlezff7s]Month 3 - Crown.jpg[/attachment:rlezff7s]

Attachments

• Baseline Top.jpg
    Baseline Top.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Baseline Crown.jpg
    Baseline Crown.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Month 2 - Top.jpg
    Month 2 - Top.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Month 2 - Crown.jpg
    Month 2 - Crown.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Month 3 - Top.jpg
    Month 3 - Top.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Month 3 - Crown.jpg
    Month 3 - Crown.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 286
  • The Medication.jpg
    The Medication.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 284
T

TravisB

Man! That's a very good progress! Your head is filling very nicely and fast with hair.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results. Your case looked almost hopless and you managed to almost get a head of hair

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
Your case looked almost hopless
My thoughts exactly. When I saw the first pic I thought it was too late for any treatments. Great progress.

IanIrving

Reaction score
Wow, amazing progress rajivnairr!

I've bookmarked this thread, you must be a great responder!

:bravo:

rajivnairr

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind words. The recovery has been a surprise for me too. I just hope it continues :) I shall be updating this thread as and when I can, Im going to be really busy for the next 2-3 months as Ill be finishing the last semester of my course. I wish everyone success with their regime.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv Nair

rajivnairr

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the late reply, was too preoccupied with academics, full time MBA is a b**ch, anyways with regards to my hair, well the improvement rate has siginificantly slowed down in the last 3 months. The density is still improving however at a much slower rate. I underwent a really bad shed period over 2 months(March & April) but it has come down significantly this month. I am currently on minoxidil 10% twice a day, Nizoral 2% thrice a week and Finasteride 1mg everyday. Kindly leave your comments and suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv Nair

[attachment=1:1m5hoe8s]Month 7 - Top.gif[/attachment:1m5hoe8s][attachment=0:1m5hoe8s]Month 7 - Crown.gif[/attachment:1m5hoe8s]

Attachments

• Month 7 - Top.gif
    Month 7 - Top.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 285
  • Month 7 - Crown.gif
    Month 7 - Crown.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 263

rajivnairr

Reaction score
Month 8.5 update

Hello Everyone,

So heres my 8.5 month update, still growing new hair however still a long way to go... can see lots of thin hairs and still shedding thin hairs... hopefully the medication should help thicken it out soon.. please do leave your comments...

Current regimen:
Minoxidil 10% - twice a day
Finasteride 1mg - 5x times a week
Dutasteride 0.5mg - 2x times a week
Nizoral 2% - thrice a week
Biotin 10mg - everyday
Zinc 50mg - everyday

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv Nair

Attachments

• IMG_20120705_150306.jpg
    IMG_20120705_150306.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20120705_145919.jpg
    IMG_20120705_145919.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 300

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice progress dude!

MPBfighter

Reaction score
i have been on 1mg finasteride for about 2.5 months not and still have yet to see results :( you certainly are a great responder, keep it up!

rajivnairr

Reaction score
i have been on 1mg finasteride for about 2.5 months not and still have yet to see results :( you certainly are a great responder, keep it up!

the point is not to give up mate... stick to your regime religiously and Im sure it shall work out for you...

rajeev did u experienced any side effects?

just watery semen which I am still experiencing... nothing apart from it...