RandomDepressed's Story

RandomDepressed

Reaction score
I don't know where to place this.. And I'm too depressed atm to write a lot, I don't know what to say, just going to post pictures and let you say whatever you want.

I thought it could be a mature hairline before I took the pics but the pics paniced me...

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Pics of my hairline

What is your age? Is there a history of baldness in your family?

Your hair looks like a strong V-Shaped hairline imo.

RandomDepressed

Reaction score

Sebastien said:
What is your age? Is there a history of baldness in your family?

Your hair looks like a strong V-Shaped hairline imo.
What does that mean?

Well I'm only 19.

My dad is 50 and has thinned out hair a lot, not completely bald but thinned everywhere.

And I don't know about the other males, all the ones with receding hairlines/bald ones are over 50 so I don't know how much that counts.

Might add that I think I have the exact same hairline as my dad, I mean he has a strong V-shaped one as well, not goin bald in the front hes just thinning out. Imagine my hair but a lot thinner. Well ofc he has a bit more than me seeing as hes 50 and I'm 19, but not like he has a Wheres Johnny forehead or anything

Edit: Hm my hairline does look a bit like hers and thats a girl so.. http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=http ... CEsQ9QEwBw

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, hairloss is something you really can't predict. It might stay like this forever or it might progress over the years.

How was your hairline before? Do you feel like it has receded alot (and fast). Do you lose alot of hair? Are the temples itching/inflammed?

With a strong V-shaped hairline I mean that it could very well be a mature hairline because I dont see minituarizated hairs around your hairline but ofcourse, these are no high defenition pictures.

Edit: just red your edit and if it looks like that of that girl, and your father has the same hairline then your are most likely fine. You can just keep an eye on it taking pictures every 6 months to see if you continue to recede/thin. As for now I would put my mind (or rather your mind) off it.

RandomDepressed

Reaction score

And if I have small hairs at the end of the hairline I'm doomed?

I do lose a lot of hair when I run my fingers through my hair... Tho I have very long and unmaintained hair, never brush it or anything.

I usually get 1-2 hairs when I run my fingers through my hair.

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score

1 or 2 hairs is NOTHING. And everyone has smaller hairs at the hairline, its more the temple 'area' that would be weaker. Less pigment, thinner in diameter etc.

If you are that worried you could go see a dermatologist!

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Begin the Big 3 as soon as possible, and stop worrying. You caught it early enough.