Ranger Wolf's story - (20 and losing hair fast [pics])

Ranger Wolf

Reaction score
Hey, first wanted to say hi and that i've done my research on this forum and on the internet before posting here so i shouldn't be asking any stupid questions from you all.

Basically my story is I'm 20 and having hair loss. I know I've always been at a HUGE risk due tot eh fact hair loss ran in my family very badly on both sides. My brother who looks exactly like me but is just a year older has lost lost of hair in his temples and going halfway bald from the front. Now usually if something happens with him it ends up happening to me ironically and I've got pretty much every possible thing that can indicate factors for hair loss. Deep voice, lots of hair everywhere i dun't want it, family history of hairloss etc. you name it it seems I'm unlucky enough to have it.

Now it only started getting bad for me in the last year. I've always seem to experience lots of hair falling out since i was in my early early teens but never really did anything. but now i can see it thinning out. Even the hairs that are falling out seem to be thick on the end and thin at the root showing miniaturization of the hair. Also when i shower and i shampoo m hair, i can see 30-60 hairs on my hand depending on how long it takes me.

SO but without delay heres the pics to show you. I wanted to add that i've always had a "widow's peak" hairline but never ever this badly.

Now after researching this for a few weeks, since i wanted to take this slowly, compare facts and not rush into this. I figure this is basically genetics which is pretty obvious but best to make sure.

What I've figured out and feel to correct me, is since i'm young, taking minoxidil 5% can't go wrong. I know that you can get up to 15% min, but since I'm starting off i figure that if this is a life long battle, i might need to move to higher later. finasteride is something thats iffy to me. I've tried to do some research but its always conflicting information.

So what are my options here? Is this a good product to use, the 15% is ton of great reviews but i'll just get the 5% http://www.amazon.com/Minoxidil-Inh...e=UTF8&coliid=I4OIG97DLTD6V&colid=BYB18MIO3Y8

I know i;m going to lose my hair if i don't start, but please post your opinions on if this is a good idea to take this and what i can do. Even if i just keep what i ahve right now, thats a big step forward

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 210

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 20 and losing hair fast [pics]

Yes it does look to be pretty aggressive for your age. minoxidil alone would not be enough to stop it, u would have to get on finasteride or another form of antiandrogen that would not produce side effects as finasteride. I would advise u to at least try finasteride for a couple months and if produces side affects then drop it and just shave your head as u would be facing an even tougher uphill battle without the finasteride.

Best of luck to u

Ranger Wolf

Reaction score
I managed to find some old pictures of me from 2-3 years ago here today, and it works well because i always used to keep my hair short and spiked. My hair does seem not as thick overall on the top, but my hairline hasn't receded too much from then, maybe a good centimeter in the temples. The pictures make it seem pretty drastic due to the angle, and I've always have a very high hair line to begin with. So while Its not happening over night but over the last couple of years i can see it slowly happening. The pic i've attached shows my temple thinning out then and thats before i was even 18! so its been on going.

I'm not sure it it can pick up pace or something but would min not be enough? The link in my original post was for a min topical solution that blocks DHT.. or so it says. no sure if anyone has used it before but it does have some good reviews on the stronger formula.

What i want to try is Nizoral, Min, and Biotin mix to see what happens. none of those give side effects or very very rarely from what it looks like.

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, your story is similar to mine. I was almost 20 when I started treatments for my male pattern baldness. Like yours mine moves very slow and started around 15-16, although I really didn't take good care of my hair (or myself healthwise). Never noticed hair falling out either, whichj is like my dads who is balding since he was 20 aswell and hes now nw6 at 55 and its only recently he lost his crown. Anyway I have been on finasteride for a little over 8 months, and with succes. I have kept all the hair I had and my hairline is improving aswell, everytime the hairs seem to get thicker. I never noticed any sides. Besides the finasteride I use nizoral, a multivitamin, fish oil, white tea and I dont drink alchohol and eat healthier. Good luck, but without the finasteride I don't think youll manage. I am awaiting my 2 year finasteride results and then I will decide If i throw minoxidil in the miz.

Ranger Wolf

Reaction score
UPDATE: Okey so time to come back and post some questions. its been a long time since i posted here and i have not yet started taking anything besides boitin pills every day.

I have some serious questions about a verity of things and i was wondering if i could get some help with them. So basically my hairline is not just receding but i'm having a total loss of hair on the top of my head, my crown is more skin then hair when wet at this point.

So I've come down to 2 choices and my money money supply isn't great so i'm wondering if i could get prices with this too. I don't think its wise to start something and then have no money and not be able to buy it. I can always preplan out but life is life.

1. The first is going minoxidil with nizerol and nioxin shampoo. This seems like it would cost ~$30 a month which is more then manageable.

2. finasteride with both of those shampoos. I have no idea the general cost fo finasteride however

Now if i start with minrox is this something i can eventually weed myself onto finasteride at some point? or will i lose everything i gained or kept when i make the switch later on?

Is minrox even viable for me still which me losing most of the hair on the top of my head?

How are nixion shampoos for helping out with this?

My big question is should i start with a 2% minrox so i can always upgrade to something more powerful later on if it becomes ineffective? or is 5% okey for someone 21 years old?

thanks!

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm paying $54 for 60x5mg fincar, cut into 5x1mg it will last you 300 days.
from http://www.inhousepharmacy-europe.com/p ... eride.aspx

$40 for 6 months of min off ebay, kirkland minoxidil 5%.

If you start finasteride you could try just puttin minoxidil on your hairline and see if finasteride thickens up the rest.
This way the 6 months supply could last well over a year. I'm still on a months worth bottle and its lasted me 2 months so far and has plenty left.

This is a really cheap regimen I use I thought doin something for hairloss would cost me an arm and a leg, but turns out its stupidly cheap.

Ranger Wolf

Reaction score
Alright thanks for the reply i appreciate it.

So instead of getting nixion shampoo should i spend that money on finasteride instead? I'll be doing more searching to see reputable spots to buy finasteride but if you guys say its not worth just doing minrox then i'll try everything out

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Jump on finasteride and try it out. It is the best line of defense against male pattern baldness. You'll regret not at least trying it. Keep us updated.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
My pattern is somewhat similar to yours. I probably first started noticing that my hairline was receding at the age of 16, didn't really start doing anything about it until I was about 22.

Thankfully I'm about the same place I was 4 years ago (I'm 26 now) due to Finasteride so that's probably your best bet to keep what you have. Regrowing anything on the temples will be tough though.

Here's the story viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69782

Ranger Wolf

Reaction score
Well i've started on 0.5mg of fincar a day. I'm getting it from that inhouse pharmacy place and cutting them into halfs. I can always increase the dosage later but this lets me see how it reacts with me. So far after 6 days no sides!