Rapid increase in local hair follicles after injury

Boondock

Reaction score
That's interesting. I believe this is the kind of principle Follica are investigating, so it could be a similar process at work.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
I believe this is the kind of principle Follica are investigating...

Are you British? :)

ali777

Reaction score
Could it be a case of one leg getting more tanned and the hair becoming less obvious?

When I get tanned my hair goes a notch or two lighter in colour, combine that with the darker skin and my body hair looks thinner and shorter.

Bryan said:
Boondock said:

You are a funny guy :punk:. Why is it not apparent to you that he's referring to "the collective effort of more than one person" in Follica.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Bryan said:
Boondock said:

You are a funny guy :punk:. Why is it not apparent to you that he's referring to "the collective effort of more than one person" in Follica.

Huh?? It _is_ apparent to me that he's referring to the "collective", which is why I'm asking if he's British. I'm very curious to know to what extent that that's a common British manner of speaking. It sounds odd to American ears.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes this is one thing that is very interesting to me as well

I was watching an episode of the simpsons where they going skiing and marge gets a broken leg from the clock that falls off the wall. After they take the cast off her leg was full of coarse dark hair and the Doctor made a joke and said to order 1000 cc's of leg wax or something like that

I have also heard from some friends who had a cast on that their hair gets coarser and darker after it gets taken off

I wonder if people who wear alot of hats and beanies have the same effect....

Dalton

Established Member
Reaction score
elvis123 said:
Yes this is one thing that is very interesting to me as well

I was watching an episode of the simpsons where they going skiing and marge gets a broken leg from the clock that falls off the wall. After they take the cast off her leg was full of coarse dark hair and the Doctor made a joke and said to order 1000 cc's of leg wax or something like that

I have also heard from some friends who had a cast on that their hair gets coarser and darker after it gets taken off

I wonder if people who wear alot of hats and beanies have the same effect....

I know a girl that wore a cast for awhile and when they took it off she said it looked like a man's arm. It was much hairier than before. I think there is an effect due to constant stimulation from contact that affects existing follicles.

I even noticed after going on vacation and wearing a resort wrist band for a week after taking it off there was this hair bristling sensation I would get every so often on my wrist as if the hair under the band was longer.